magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

23 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

It seemed like a terrible idea before you brought up adding a pick to it, now it’s worse.

Because you say so? 

That is the reality my friend. I never said it was a good idea. I said that is how Atlanta Feels.  I think Your value on Vuc in not near close to reality. 

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks Rock Legends. I know that he didn't look like a new guy just entering the NBA.

Hey! . . .as some mentioned last night, most of the Phoenix SL participants played for the Suns last year. I remember checking out Phoenix message board when Elfrid was traded to the Suns, and last night I remembered seeing many of them playing in games last year .

Who did the Magic have that played for us last year?

Isaac, Iwandu (sp?) . . .who else?

With the addition of Cooley and Ayton, and a few other good shooters, it makes sense that the Suns were the better team last night. 

Poor shooting night and careless turnovers and offensive charges are always a formula for losing. We had enough good looks to make it a game.  Just could not convert.   Briscoe played only 3 minutes (injury?).  Back to back games after Sunday night game.  Welcome to the NBA.

46 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

If I am correct next year a lot of teams will have cap space. I can't see a top freeagent like Kemba Walker signs with the Magic. So that leaves the 2nd tier PG (like Smart) available. I would prefer to have Schröder for 2 more years than overpay for a guy like Smart (4years each 15-20m). 

So your solution for the "I don't want to pay a questionable point guard 15 million a year" problem is to pay a questionable point guard 15 million per year?

What?

Bad idea. Just accept it. 

52 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

If I am correct next year a lot of teams will have cap space. I can't see a top freeagent like Kemba Walker signs with the Magic. So that leaves the 2nd tier PG (like Smart) available. I would prefer to have Schröder for 2 more years than overpay for a guy like Smart (4years each 15-20m). 

I rather have smart over Schroder 10 times out of 10. 

Also, I did not know Schroder had legal issues. If that is the case then I pass in him. I rather exchange VUC contract with  for Lin’s and ride it like that this year. 

54 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

To be fair, he doesn’t even average two free throws per game compared to the other guys on this list who do not average 17 PPG because they’re FG% is terrible. His pure stats in terms of FG%, WS. Etc. are pretty high. If anything, this tells me that he is a 20 PPG scorer if he weren’t so soft (which bleeds into his defensive capabilities). 

1 minute ago, Miller4Prez66 said:

What are we paying these guys for? They’ve barely done anything but make draft selections since getting hired. 

They traded for Mozgov