magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Ooooo boy the idea of AG, Isaac, Ross and Simmons picking up guys half court because they know Bamba is behind to reject anything at the rim is crazy exciting.

41 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think he is the guy that almost single handedly beat Dallas in the last game of the season.

Thanks Rock Legends. I know that he didn't look like a new guy just entering the NBA.

Hey! . . .as some mentioned last night, most of the Phoenix SL participants played for the Suns last year. I remember checking out Phoenix message board when Elfrid was traded to the Suns, and last night I remembered seeing many of them playing in games last year .

Who did the Magic have that played for us last year?

Isaac, Iwandu (sp?) . . .who else?

With the addition of Cooley and Ayton, and a few other good shooters, it makes sense that the Suns were the better team last night. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Wouldn't you say he's our most consistent offensive player? Fournier is close but even he was streaky at times. 

He just sucks out everyone else’s mojo. Hence the stat we are worse with him even offensively. 

I know most of you aren't very high on Dennis Schröder. But I think he is a good player and only 25 years old. If we could get him in a trade like Vuc + Augustine for Schröder + Dedmond I would take the chance. Worst case: Schröders contract expire in the same year as Fourniers contact. That would free up over 30m cap. Best case: Schröder develops with our other young players and we slove the PG-problem. Also Dedmond would be nice player to teach Bamba.

5 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

I know most of you aren't very high on Dennis Schröder. But I think he is a good player and only 25 years old. If we could get him in a trade like Vuc + Augustine for Schröder + Dedmond I would take the chance. Worst case: Schröders contract expire in the same year as Fourniers contact. That would free up over 30m cap. Best case: Schröder develops with our other young players and we slove the PG-problem. Also Dedmond would be nice player to teach Bamba.

I am not opposed to get Schroder while getting rid of Vuch and DJ.  I like the move. Not sure if Atlanta will co side unless a pick is attached.

2 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

Any time you can trade for a guy who can't shoot, can't score efficiently, and can't defend while also screwing up your cap space for the next 3 seasons you gotta do it. 

Augustin is a better player than schroder at 1/3 of the price

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am not opposed to get Schroder while getting rid of Vuch and DJ.  I like the move. Not sure if Atlanta will co side unless a pick is attached.

It seemed like a terrible idea before you brought up adding a pick to it, now it’s worse.

Delon Wright is the guy we should be talking about. He makes more sense than anyone and should be attainable. 

Edit: I guess Grant is similar though so maybe not a good idea. I also didn’t know Jerian Grant was related to Horace Grant. 

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Good post. I’ve believed that our inconsistent point guard play has held this team back for years, and I hope that’s not the case this year. Like most, I’m still hoping for a trade for Kemba, Rozier, etc. I’d give up our first and change next year to get the right guy. 

Kemba is a potential trade candidate for the deadline if the Hornets are out of play off contention. I see them trying to keep hold of him unless they are blown away by an offer or he gives them the impression he's off.

Rozier would be a nice addition, however I see the Celtics keeping him as insurance for Kyrie. The rumors are already rife that he wants to go play in New York, with the risk of him leaving they should keep Rozier around because he's their replacement starting point guard if Kyrie leaves.

It would be nice if we could trade for a good starting point guard, but I'm struggling to think of someone that does the bill that's realistically available without a high price tag...

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Any time you can trade for a guy who can't shoot, can't score efficiently, and can't defend while also screwing up your cap space for the next 3 seasons you gotta do it. 

Not to mention a guy with legal troubles and rumors of not being a great teammate.

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If I am correct next year a lot of teams will have cap space. I can't see a top freeagent like Kemba Walker signs with the Magic. So that leaves the 2nd tier PG (like Smart) available. I would prefer to have Schröder for 2 more years than overpay for a guy like Smart (4years each 15-20m). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2