magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How about

Vuc and some second rounder for Demarre Carroll

Simmons, Augustin, and the OKC pick for Eric bledsoe. 

We run this rotation

Bamba-Birch

3/4 is mostly a Gordon Isaac Carroll rotation with the occasional Fournier. 

2 is split between Ross and Fournier

Bledsoe gets the starters minutes at pg with Grant backing him up. 

Does Bledsoe really help though? He seems to be declining.

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah. I have Bledsoe in the same position as Fournier. Good players that are not worth a first rounder anymore. 

I can see Bledsoe helping some but his value is not near what it was 1-2 years ago. I will do the trade without adding the OKC pick. 

That OKC pick will likely be our way out of Mozgov later this year or next year. 

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Bledsoe is concerning to me.  I liked his game but he just can't stay on the floor.  You're right he is also in decline.  

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

He was still a great defensive point guard and was great offensively the last half of last season but stunk in the playoffs. 

So he might be declining or it might have been coaching. 

But, worst case scenario, he's expiring and this deal clears another 8.25 million. Helps us move closer to max room. 

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How about

We run this rotation

Bamba-Birch

I’d rather try and snag a younger and less injury prone Rozier. Ainge is going to have to make a decision soon with Kyrie and Rozier wants to start.

33 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

How about

We run this rotation

Bamba-Birch

I think with our current rotation, or even if we did this type of move, we are still looking at filling the 1&2 spots in the future. The dream, I think, is to get a dynamic offensive player who is at least mediocre on defense at one of those spots. Easier said than done though.

31 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I was against this a week ago but honestly I want Bamba and Issac starting opening night. I’m not saying they have to play 35 minutes a game but they are ready. Issac for sure is. Bamba will have plenty of growing pains but what he does defensively makes him nba ready opening night. 

I just assume let Bamba/AG/Issac get used to playing together as soon as possible. Let that chemistry build from opening night. 

Having said that I highly doubt it happens. I just do not see Vuch coming off the bench for a rookie. I really don’t. 

Id go DJ/Fournier/Issac/AG/Bamba. Yes, I’d have Fournier over Ross. Ross doesn’t like staring he’s more comfortable off the bench and we need Fournier’s offense in that lineup more than Ross’s better defense. Fournier isn’t a great defender but he’s not a major liability either. I want Grant to start over DJ but that doesn’t seem realistic at all and it’s mainly just because there’s that “unknown” factor with Grant. DJ you know what you’re getting. 

I hope for a competitive preseason and may be the best players become our starters.  If Vuch beats out Bamba it will only be due to inexperience or injury but I do not even think the inexperience will prevent Bamba from earning the position.  On a scale of 1-10 Vuch's offense may be a 7 while Bamba's is a 3-4 but on defense Bamba is a 10 (Blocking JJJ's shot on the fist play last night was incredible) while Vuch is a 1.    He may initially get pushed a little bit but he will learn to use his quickness.

5 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah. I have Bledsoe in the same position as Fournier. Good players that are not worth a first rounder anymore. 

I can see Bledsoe helping some but his value is not near what it was 1-2 years ago. I will do the trade without adding the OKC pick. 

That OKC pick will likely be our way out of Mozgov later this year or next year. 

We need a screen shot of Issac and Bamba going up together and swatting JJJ on the first play last night and put that on a murial in front of the visitors locker room. It was a motion of beauty and a good psychological Reminder for the visiting team.

12 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’d rather try and snag a younger and less injury prone Rozier. Ainge is going to have to make a decision soon with Kyrie and Rozier wants to start.

We could just go after Rozier next summer

12 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

A friend of mine who’s girlfriend is daughter to Weltman’s secretary says Grant is getting traded for Rosieye?????  Who’s Rosieye? 

A Troll