Jump to content
magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

KRISH10    69

I really hope we're working the phones to get VUC out of here. I do not want him mentoring Bamba at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mike1989    54
7 minutes ago, tkranole said:

Wonder what it would take to get Lillard.  AG, DJ and an unprotected 1st?  

I'd say more than that. He's got a few seasons guaranteed left on his existing deal. All star. Prolific last season. With what it could cost to acquire him it might not be worth it since his addition alone wouldn't make us a contender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicpassion    34
1 hour ago, KRISH10 said:

I really hope we're working the phones to get VUC out of here. I do not want him mentoring Bamba at all. 

I know there’s a lot of Vuch hate out there and I can understand your frustration. He was never a starting 5 to begin with for obvious reasons, but let’s look at this perspective: He is on a reasonable contract and he is gifted offensively, Bamba will have no problem on defense, it’s the offense and post moves he needs help on the most and Vuch is undeniably one of the best offensive centers in the league, plus he owns a local steakhouse to add some beef to Mo, no pun intended lol :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magicpassion    34
16 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

I'd say more than that. He's got a few seasons guaranteed left on his existing deal. All star. Prolific last season. With what it could cost to acquire him it might not be worth it since his addition alone wouldn't make us a contender. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I know there’s a lot of Vuch hate out there and I can understand your frustration. He was never a starting 5 to begin with for obvious reasons, but let’s look at this perspective: He is on a reasonable contract and he is gifted offensively, Bamba will have no problem on defense, it’s the offense and post moves he needs help on the most and Vuch is undeniably one of the best offensive centers in the league, plus he owns a local steakhouse to add some beef to Mo, no pun intended lol :)

Vuc is ok if he realizes he comes off the bench. With Biyombo’s exodus, Vuc can stay as long as Birch or Isaac plays alongside him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franchise408    75
1 hour ago, tkranole said:

Wonder what it would take to get Lillard.  AG, DJ and an unprotected 1st?  

We dont have the assets to get Lillard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
King Close    17
On 7/7/2018 at 10:29 PM, jjgator said:

Mozgov's championship experience is more like Brian Scalabrine's than KG's. ;P

Woah, don’t compare the goat scalabrine to KG... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Yeeeeaaaaa, not quite.

Wanting a particular player who I think is better than anyone currently on our roster and not getting overly excited about performances against lesser competition doesn't make me a troll.

Contrarían nature is the similarity.  You ready to name Bamba and Isaac starters yet or does shutting down JJJ qualify as lesser competition?  Weltman described Isaac as a future facilitator/playmaker.   Potential #1 scoring option!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

I know there’s a lot of Vuch hate out there and I can understand your frustration. He was never a starting 5 to begin with for obvious reasons, but let’s look at this perspective: He is on a reasonable contract and he is gifted offensively, Bamba will have no problem on defense, it’s the offense and post moves he needs help on the most and Vuch is undeniably one of the best offensive centers in the league, plus he owns a local steakhouse to add some beef to Mo, no pun intended lol :)

Early on and I know it is 2 summer league games only but I see Bamba's offense further along than I expected.  Lob offense is obvious as is put back on rebounds.  Shooting stroke looks good.  But I love his screen setting and pick and roll potential.  Pick you poisen there.  He still needs more strength but has good quickness and good hands.  As he adjusts to the speed of the games and develops some go to moves he is going to be a load to handle.   B.I.G if healthy is my vote for opening day starters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,753

How about

Vuc and some second rounder for Demarre Carroll

Simmons, Augustin, and the OKC pick for Eric bledsoe. 

We run this rotation

Bamba-Birch

3/4 is mostly a Gordon Isaac Carroll rotation with the occasional Fournier. 

2 is split between Ross and Fournier

Bledsoe gets the starters minutes at pg with Grant backing him up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×