magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not matching that if I'm Chicago

I misread the tweet. I thought Chicago agreed to a deal with Lavine. I don’t think they’ll match that. At the very least it’s put them in a situation where they have a big decision to make. 

Why would the Kings offer thin that? I know they need guards I guess but just seems like a rushed move by them. 

I agree it makes the AG deal look good. 

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So after watching the Summer league game I think I am definitely against signing IT. 

I didn't watch it, but does Summer League ever really tell us anything?

20 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I misread the tweet. I thought Chicago agreed to a deal with Lavine. I don’t think they’ll match that. At the very least it’s put them in a situation where they have a big decision to make. 

Why would the Kings offer thin that? I know they need guards I guess but just seems like a rushed move by them. 

I agree it makes the AG deal look good. 

It makes AG's deal look very good. Lavine has just not had great luck between injury and being moved around.

21 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I watched it and I still want a starting PG.

Briscoe looked pretty solid. Really high energy defensively. Hit a couple shots but missed quite a few too. Caupain probably looked like the best PG on the court though. He can score more naturally and is still a good defender. 

But im not sure why either of those guys would change needing or wanting IT or a true starting PG. 

20 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I watched it and I still want a starting PG.

Briscoe looked pretty solid. Really high energy defensively. Hit a couple shots but missed quite a few too. Caupain probably looked like the best PG on the court though. He can score more naturally and is still a good defender. 

But im not sure why either of those guys would change needing or wanting IT or a true starting PG. 

I agree, Briscoe looked nice and really enjoyed his tenacity but we need a starter, badly.

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

It told me I want to see more and more of Issac/Bamba shooting the ball. That won't happen with IT here. It really had nothing to do with how good or bad they played. It's all about opportunity. 

I'm just not sure there are enough shots to go around with a guy like IT. This isn't a issue if it's a guy we can build around but for a guy that will only be here for 2 years max to take all of those shots seems detrimental and pointless to the greater good of our young guys. 

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

Bulls matched.

Their fans seem like 80% mad they matched. Not only is it a lot of money but they wanted to make a run for 2 max guys next year. 

24 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Their fans seem like 80% mad they matched. Not only is it a lot of money but they wanted to make a run for 2 max guys next year. 

Few players are worth 20 million, the odds are stacked against Lavine justifying that contract.