magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really don’t understand this trade from the Hornets end. Dwight was actually solid last year and is an expiring contract. Mozgov is worse, isn’t expiring and Charlotte only gets 2 2nds in compensation. Bad trade for them

37 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Really don’t understand this trade from the Hornets end. Dwight was actually solid last year and is an expiring contract. Mozgov is worse, isn’t expiring and Charlotte only gets 2 2nds in compensation. Bad trade for them

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah, I can see how they would feel that way. Every time he speaks it's hard to take him at face value. Not sure who's fault that is, but it's hard to trust why the guy says. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Actually it looks like other people already call it the Kawhisis. I must have seen that, forgot about it, then claimed it as my own. 

DaneCook4thewin

16 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Ever since Howard got traded, he is a journeyman because he is a troublemaker in the locker room, sad really 

Stephen A. Smith said this morning that leaving the Orlando Magic was the worst thing that ever happened to Dwight. 

• Upvote 2

maybe the 4th time is the charm?

i've always liked Howard but the 4th team in 4 years thing is hard to ignore now. The luxury tax stuff, sure that's a concern but Hornets could've moved other guys and gotten more back. With this deal they will actually pay more in the end. 

36 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Stephen A. Smith said this morning that leaving the Orlando Magic was the worst thing that ever happened to Dwight. 

I agree to some extent but I'll go a step deeper than that. I think Dwight lost himself. Without going too into religion, he came out and was a humble kid. Worked hard, played the role his team needed, etc, and then he just let the **** get to his head. Went all downhill from there.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I agree to some extent but I'll go a step deeper than that. I think Dwight lost himself. Without going too into religion, he came out and was a humble kid. Worked hard, played the role his team needed, etc, and then he just let the **** get to his head. Went all downhill from there.

yeah from what I've heard he had a lot of people in his ear and stopped allowing previous persuasive people who truly had his best interests in mind to light his path. 

Yea I touched on this earlier. Dwight will never say it but there’s no way deep down he doesn’t somewhat regret the way things played out in Orlando. 

He was arguably the best center in the league at that time but more importantly he was loved around the league. He was the 7 foot funny guy who was always smiling and laughing. Him failing so miserably in LA really hurt him mentally I think. 

No one really hated or had negative feelings towards Dwight during his magic days. I don’t think he handled not being liked very well by multiple fan bases. 

26 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea I touched on this earlier. Dwight will never say it but there’s no way deep down he doesn’t somewhat regret the way things played out in Orlando. 

He was arguably the best center in the league at that time but more importantly he was loved around the league. He was the 7 foot funny guy who was always smiling and laughing. Him failing so miserably in LA really hurt him mentally I think. 

No one really hated or had negative feelings towards Dwight during his magic days. I don’t think he handled not being liked very well by multiple fan bases. 

Nobody would hate him now if he was still a DPOY candidate. 

People will put up with a lot of **** if you're a winner. I think he did us a favor by leaving. Maybe we could have pushed back the rebuild by a year or two but if we committed long term with big money we'd be in a worse mess.