magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I'm not even sure what we are discussing at this point. Most of you have now agreed he starts at least the first 10 games. 

My initial post said he will start for us at the beginning of the season. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

So happy we didn't draft Trae Young. 

Now 10 for 48 so far in 3 games

He’s awful. People get way to caught up with numbers and hype. There just isn’t a good nba player there. No clue how a team with professional scouts was duped into thinking he was top 5 pick worthy. 

I actually hope he can still carve out a role in the nba because he seems like a good kid but he’s gonna be up against it. 

Also I know it’s just summer league but if you struggle to score against rookies and g-league players your going to struggle against nba players too. 

4 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm not even sure what we are discussing at this point. Most of you have now agreed he starts at least the first 10 games. 

Pretty much.... If he's still in the starting lineup after 15 games then I'm gonna be really pissed. I've defended him as a player for almost 4 years, but enough is enough. This isn't Europe. You have to play both sides of the ball.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He’s awful. People get way to caught up with numbers and hype. There just isn’t a good nba player there. No clue how a team with professional scouts was duped into thinking he was top 5 pick worthy. 

I actually hope he can still carve out a role in the nba because he seems like a good kid but he’s gonna be up against it. 

Also I know it’s just summer league but if you struggle to score against rookies and g-league players your going to struggle against nba players too. 

Just think.... They gave up Luka, JJJ or Bamba to grab him..... lol  This will be a very stupid franchise killing move in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think he can still be good. It’s just summer league and he wouldn’t be the first guy to play poorly in summer league and pick it up later. But damn if there won’t be growing pains with him.

2 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Just think.... They gave up Luka, JJJ or Bamba to grab him..... lol  This will be a very stupid franchise killing move in my opinion.

It’s going to be an all time awful pick. Mainly because like you said they passed on Luka, JJJ and Bamba. JJJ looks great. We’ll see about Luka and Bamba but I feel good about both. 

9 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

If Bamba is not injured and he does not start the first game and Vuch does, I will immediately question Clifford's competency.  That would be ludicrous.

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

If Bamba is not injured and he does not start the first game and Vuch does, I will immediately question Clifford's competency.  That would be ludicrous.

Let’s see how Bamba looks tomorrow. It’s just summer league but we’ll know if he looks league ready. 

15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Right because divided locker rooms always yield positive results.  

If Vuch was so easy to move he would already be gone. He won't be moved until the deadline at the earliest. 

You can also have a divided locker room when everybody plays tough D except 1 guy and coach keeps starting him. See AGs comments last year about accountability.

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s going to be an all time awful pick. Mainly because like you said they passed on Luka, JJJ and Bamba. JJJ looks great. We’ll see about Luka and Bamba but I feel good about both. 

Yeah I do too.... Trae can turn it around, but he's gonna need to really hit the weight room. He needs to build strength.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Let’s see how Bamba looks tomorrow. It’s just summer league but we’ll know if he looks league ready. 

Summer League is often nothing more then a damn pickup game... Trae's gonna have to learn how a structured game plan looks. He's a PG... I'll give him 3 years before I pass final judgement.