magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

This is also the same thing that was said with Skiles a defensive coach and Vogel another defensive coach. Vuch is still here...

Only because there was zero market for him. Not that he is expiring we should be able to get a little something for him. I'd take a pack of gum and a heavily protected second at this point. I want defense!

44 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Vuc won't start this year for us.... Clifford is a defensive minded coach. If Vuc starts, it'll be for about the first 10 to 15 games, then his ass will be riding the pine.

Just send Clifford the video of the end of the game when we played the Lakers in Los Angeles last year.  Up 106-105 with about 3-4 seconds left.  Lakers call timeout to design a play.  You just knew where it was going.   Lakers throw the ball into Brooks Lopez guarded (if you call it that) by Vuc.  Lopez spins to the basket for layup.  We lose 107-106.  No other evidence needed.  Vuc does not start!

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Just send Clifford the video of the end of the game when we played the Lakers in Los Angeles last year.  Up 106-105 with about 3-4 seconds left.  Lakers call timeout to design a play.  You just knew where it was going.   Lakers throw the ball into Brooks Lopez guarded (if you call it that) by Vuc.  Lopez spins to the basket for layup.  We lose 107-106.  No other evidence needed.  Vuc does not start!

That play is burned in my memory. I would have called the same play. There were a lot of games that they went at Vuc at the end of the game. By Payton, at Vuc, 2 points guaranteed! I really look forward to the priceless expressions when guards try to drive on our trees now. We have to teach Bamba to snatch rather than swat so he can outlet to a streaking AG or JI for the slam.

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'll roll with that but I still see him starting and not moved until the trade deadline. 

Just because he's on the roster doesn't necessarily mean he's starting.

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Just because he's on the roster doesn't necessarily mean he's starting.

I'm sure his pouting to the media will have positive affects on the roster this go around.

Vuch on the bench is no better than him starting. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I'm sure his pouting to the media will have positive affects on the roster this go around.

Less minutes and not finishing games is much better. Let him pout. He should pout, this is his last good contract. Nobody wants a lazy D center.

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Easy solution.  We have four centers on the roster...Trade one of them...Vuch---therefore no pouting and not on the bench.  Done!

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Easy solution.  We have four centers on the roster...Trade one of them...Vuch---therefore no pouting and not on the bench.  Done!

Have to find a willing partner. I don't think there is much market for him even though he is expiring.

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Pretty much the actual easiest solution I see as well. Vuc will have value for a team that wants to put a scoring 5 on the floor. Not to mention he's expiring.

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Less minutes and not finishing games is much better. Let him pout. He should pout, this is his last good contract. Nobody wants a lazy D center.

Right because divided locker rooms always yield positive results.  

If Vuch was so easy to move he would already be gone. He won't be moved until the deadline at the earliest. 

What's so funny about Vuc . . .

1. I've heard him say during breaks (half time) "We need to play better defense".

2. I think Vuc believes he plays very good defense. I believe he does not think there is a flaw in his defense.

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Have to find a willing partner. I don't think there is much market for him even though he is expiring.

I've seen much worse expiring contracts get dealt at the deadline. There's NO way he's here to finish his contract.