magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Just now, jmmagicfan said:

Okay, there's our third-string, developmental PG; now for the real stuff!!

Where is our 2nd string?

Just now, jjgator said:

Where is our 2nd string?

DJ Augustin?  He's training for the season in the Stuff Kid Zone on the Promenade level of the Amway Center.

12 minutes ago, 0rland0fan said:

My uncle does the yard work for the usher that dances during Magic games between the 3rd and 4th qtr at Amway Center and he said that the IT deal is eminent. I’m cool with that! 

Hows that for a source!?!

Yeah, well my 1st grade teacher's best friend's nieces' husband said that his yard guy's brother works for Isaiah Thomas' father doing his yard, and he said that your uncle uses Roundup; so he doesn't know anything about yards. 

• Like 3

From Wikipedia: 

After going undrafted in 2017 NBA draft, Briscoe joined the Philadelphia 76ers for the 2017 NBA Summer League.[20] In six games for the 76ers, he averaged 5.5 points and 2.2 assists per game. On September 14, 2017, he signed a training camp contract with the Portland Trail Blazers.[21] He was waived by the Trail Blazers on October 13, 2017 after appearing in six preseason games.[22] Briscoe signed with Kalev of the Estonian league. On February 16, 2018 Briscoe scored 50 points as he took home MVP honors at the Estonia/Latvia All Star Game. On June 9, 2018, Briscoe won the VTB United League Young Player of the Year award, given to the league's best player under age 23.In the 2017-18 season Briscoe averaged 18.5 points 3.4 rebounds 4.2 assists and 1.6 steals in 26.7 minutes.

Briscoe is the exact type of 3rd string PG I wanted. 

Would still hope for a starter that pushes DJ to backup. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Then who is our first string? IT hasn't been signed.

We don't have one, so we're going to just play 4 on 5 to start each game. 

3 minutes ago, jjgator said:

Then who is our first string? IT hasn't been signed.

I'd be surprised if DJ is the starter by the start of the season.  It would seem the starter will be either IT, or another starting caliber PG that would be acquired in a trade (Ball?), someone in a trade for Vuc?

2 minutes ago, ShefGator2 said:

I'd be surprised if DJ is the starter by the start of the season.  It would seem the starter will be either IT, or another starting caliber PG that would be acquired in a trade (Ball?), someone in a trade for Vuc?

There are a few teams that have an abundance of PGs. Can't remember which team I looked at yesterday but they have 6 LOL

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Briscoe is the exact type of 3rd string PG I wanted. 

Would still hope for a starter that pushes DJ to backup. 

Yeah he might as well have transferred to Montana State, won big sky player of the year and we drafted him with the 43rd pick. 

• Upvote 1