magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

It will be a sign and trade to rid us of Biyombo. 

If we keep Thomas for 3 years at 10 million with Kuzma. And Lakers receive Biz and a first perhaps? 

Now you're just dreaming...... MJ aint that damn stupid.

11 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Me either.  If its one year, it better be a bargain for the Magic for sure.  Otherwise cousins money please. 

1 year isn't settling. I agree even though I hate you.....Yes!  I'm the guy that hates hehateme!  Big reveal!  Ohohhoho

If its multiyear for a ton of money which I expect because I tend to expect the worst, the Magic will be doomed.  

Me either.  If its one year, it better be a bargain for the Magic for sure.  Otherwise cousins money please. 

If it's a 1 year deal then what difference does it make what we pay him.....????

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

If it's a 1 year deal then what difference does it make what we pay him.....????

I agree. Jj got 23 mil one year. Now he is looking at 13 going forward 

45 minutes ago, LaVar said:

We should have drafted Dennis smith. Then there would not  be a log jam. I do like JI and his defense. But Smith would have balanced our team.

Do you really believe we have a logjam? I’m not at all concerned about Isaac and Gordon getting their minutes. Or about Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba being on the court together. 

22 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Well that's what I meant man.  Hehateme was right.  Sorry if I didn't put it behind that.  I wish we could do a non guaranteed contract but 1year is a bargain contract.  I'd rather have multiyear contract for legit, non damaged player.  I'd rather the Magic not hae to choose Isaiah Thomas at all which  led to my Lexus comment about being spoiled.  

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

And given Mario's production up to that point, it's even understandable why they didn't pick up the option.

Production is directly related to opportunity.  Mario, drafted 5th, was never given an ample opportunity to produce.  That was the mistake of Welham by not recognizing this fact..  I suspect it was Vogel behind this blunder since he only played him when he was forced to play him.  If you draft them you better play them or else the blame is on you (i.e the Magic).  Vogel was as bad as Hennigan.  Glad they are gone.

Mario was drafted at the wrong time. We were so focused on trying to make the playoffs that 2015-16 season any mistake he did would lead him to the bench. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LaVar said:

We should have drafted Dennis smith. Then there would not  be a log jam. I do like JI and his defense. But Smith would have balanced our team.

The question I have for those that always go "best available": If we are bad again, do you take another front court player if they are a center or pf.

I think it is way premature to second guess drafting Isaac over Smith.  Bamba, Isaac, Gordon combo may become really special.  Just the snippet of play we got to see from Isaac showed his potential and upside.   I am looking forward to see his growth this summer.  And yes you always draft the "best available" player when you draft or trade down for multiple picks or players.  In taking the best available player you  improve your team and either make that player fit in with your roster or trade the players you have.  Passing up the best available player is never an option.

The more I think of getting IT the more I like the idea. It is like the same risk/reward as a draft pick except he has a history in the NBA and the potential to be great. Just on the chance that his surgery was a total success and he returns to his old self he is pretty much unguardable. We deserve a break!  IMO if we get him we also need to get Jarrett Jack or one of the other seasoned vets available at a cheap price for insurance.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The more I think of getting IT the more I like the idea. It is like the same risk/reward as a draft pick except he has a history in the NBA and the potential to be great. Just on the chance that his surgery was a total success and he returns to his old self he is pretty much unguardable. We deserve a break!  IMO if we get him we also need to get Jarrett Jack or one of the other seasoned vets available at a cheap price for insurance.

couldnt agree more,  we pretty much could get a guy we hoped Young would become. Id love to sign him to a 1 + 1 team option so we would have leverage to offer more than other teams incase he pops off again this season.

1 hour ago, Mack1085 said:

Do you really believe we have a logjam? I’m not at all concerned about Isaac and Gordon getting their minutes. Or about Isaac, Gordon, and Bamba being on the court together. 

The post I responded to was talking about Mario as well. IF we had kept mario it would be. Not so much now that mario is gone. 5th pick wasted. I do believe Gordon and JI both are best a pf. So it hurts if one is less productive because of team fit. I think they are fine on defense. It is offense that will be the issue.