magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Gordon will be just fine playing with IT. I have no worries about that. Everyone just step their games up. 

I agree. Im actually really excited about IT and AG being more of a 2nd option.

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Gordon will be just fine playing with IT. I have no worries about that. Everyone just step their games up. 

A team currently constructed with Vuch and Fournier? Then you add IT. Gordon is fine? Issac is fine? Bamba is fine?

I'm not for or against this move but it scares the **** outta me. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

A team currently constructed with Vuch and Fournier? Then you add IT. Gordon is fine? Issac is fine? Bamba is fine?

I'm not for or against this move but it scares the **** outta me. 

Vuc and Fournier should not be considered

5 minutes ago, Mike1989 said:

We sold Oladipo because for whatever reason we didn't think he was going to be an all star (and neither did OKC otherwise they would have kept him and built around Westbrook, Oladipo, PG and Adams) and preferred Fournier and Hezonja. Hindsight says it was the wrong deal. However he was used in a package to land a potential stretch four and rim protector in Ibaka. At the time that filled a need and potentially was a move to gear us for a play off run. That didn't happen, so trading away Oladipo and Sabonis didn't work out for us.

Should we have given Hezonja a fourth year? Yes, but he hadn't shown enough at that point to warrant it. So the gamble our front office took again didn't work. 

As for Payton that deal never made sense. Saric was a great value pick for us and a fit for our roster. 

So I do agree with you that our front office's have made some bad decisions, but at the time they made sense to them for them to make the deals that they did.

Olidipo and Sabonis were traded for a half season rental on Ibaka.... Just a piss poor use of assets for this franchise. I'm sure we could come up with more examples....

2 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Olidipo and Sabonis were traded for a half season rental on Ibaka.... Just a piss poor use of assets for this franchise. I'm sure we could come up with more examples....

well rest assured our new front office would never make a trade like that

2 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

I’m after his winning spirit. It’s like bringing back Jameer.

An even better version of Jameer.

And Jameer is one of my all time favorite Magic players.

2 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think he can give 17 points a night. But are you okay with him taking 15 shots to do it? and are you okay with the rest of the players sacrificing shots for IT? Because I don't think he's getting to the line 8 times either. 

Am I okay with guys sacrificing shots for IT? Yes. That's the #1 reason why I want IT. Fournier and Gordon should not be our #1 #2 offensive options. They should be in a #2 #3 role. Bringing in Thomas accomplishes that by giving us a proven #1 scorer. And in turn, he can open it up for Fournier and Gordon to be more effective when defenses have to start focusing more on Isaiah and he's able to kick out to an open Fournier, Gordon, Isaac, or Bamba.

And given that it's a 1 year contract on a team that otherwise isnt ready to compete anyways, if IT doesnt pan out due to injury, we lose nothing.

But this team cannot and will not be successful as long as Fournier and Gordon are our top 2 offensive options. We need this move. This is the kind of move that's going to allow our guys to more properly develop, and make this team more efficient and effective.

Without Thomas we will be lottery. Again. With Thomas, we will compete for a low playoff positioning, giving our guys additional growth and confidence, and better showcasing us to talent around the league to come join us.

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Until they're traded they're considered. 

Pretty much, but just remember that we guaranteed Khem Birch's salary (like 2.5 mil.) for next season. He's definately part of our roster going into the season.

6 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Hennigan is the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. While I didnt hate his drafts, for reasons stated above, his trades and signings were absolutely atrocious.

Now that hes gone, I'm actually excited for Magic basketball again.

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Until they're traded they're considered. 

no, cant say they are at least not vuc who should not be part of our rotation

Just now, Franchise408 said:

Hennigan is the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. While I didnt hate his drafts, for reasons stated above, his trades and signings were absolutely atrocious.

Now that hes gone, I'm actually excited for Magic basketball again.

Agreed..... WelHam screwed the pooch with Mario's team option, but that's been the only boner they've pulled to this point.