magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

13 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yea because why bet on a 21 year old averaging 25 and shooting 38% from 3 being a bit better in a couple years time (when the extension would kick in any way)...C'mon Dan you can do better. 

I still don't think the gap between Fournier and Booker is that large

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Maybe we’re still delaying the signing cause we’re trying to talk Smart in to accepting the full MLE on a backloaded contract

Or we're working on a sign and trade for him

IT is a proven scorer. I have no problem with him demanding some shots especially if it forces someone like AG to not take 3-4 awful shots a game. 

27 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

yea because why bet on a 21 year old averaging 25 and shooting 38% from 3 being a bit better in a couple years time (when the extension would kick in any way)...C'mon Dan you can do better. 

Averaging 25 on that squad isn't something to write to mom about. He's a high volume shooter on a team that was devoid of any type of go to man. I will defer though that he could improve his efficiency as he gets more experience.

33 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

does he bring much more than high volume scoring

17 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I still don't think the gap between Fournier and Booker is that large

I agree.... I think Frenchie averages 20+ on that team.

58 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I read this thanks for sharing. Glad to hear about his vocal leadership,  we could use that :)

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

does he bring much more than high volume scoring

He's young. I'll agree with Ibn that he's young and has had an impressive start offensively to his career. His defense leaves a lot to be desired, but he is a promising prospect. Comparing him to IT is faulty in that sense.

Averaging 25ppg in the nba is still something. You can’t jist completely write that off because he’s on an awful team and he’s not the most efficient scorer. That’s still impressive.

If we drafted Booker over Mario and he was averaging 25 a game I highly doubt the majority of people on here would be alright with not resigning him. 

I’m also noticing some of the people saying he’s not an efficient scorer are the same ones mad to see Mario leave. Mario never was nor will he ever be an efficient scorer. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

Averaging 25ppg in the nba is still something. You can’t jist completely write that off because he’s on an awful team and he’s not the most efficient scorer. That’s still impressive.

If we drafted Booker over Mario and he was averaging 25 a game I highly doubt the majority of people on here would be alright with not resigning him. 

I’m also noticing some of the people saying he’s not an efficient scorer are the same ones mad to see Mario leave. Mario never was nor will he ever be an efficient scorer. 

With the way our team has built in the past... I'm not surprised we haven't had guys averaging 20+ ...... It seems like we've had or have several guys that have to get their shots. It's very rare to see a player take over 17 a game. Our team has always been about balanced scoring for the most part.

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

i can see mario being an efficient scorer on a team with talent. If he just dunked and took open shots. I would not say never.