magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Cavs and Lakers Thomas is still pre-surgery. He was playing hurt.

Exactly what I was thinking, and he still was putting up some nice numbers

11 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

If people think IT will be like he was 2016-17 then you'll be disappointed. But the fact we'll have a guy who is still capable of creating his own offense and might give us 17-22 points a game I don't see how this is a bad signing

I think he can give 17 points a night. But are you okay with him taking 15 shots to do it? and are you okay with the rest of the players sacrificing shots for IT? Because I don't think he's getting to the line 8 times either. 

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Thomas was a poor fit for both teams in my opinion. Granted he opted for the surgery later, but I still think he didn't fit well with either roster.

Yes. He needs the ball in his hands. Cavs had Bron. Lakers had Ball. 

Magic needs Thomas to be Thomas.

Just now, Catalina Maria said:

Yes. He needs the ball in his hands. Cavs had Bron. Lakers had Ball. 

Magic needs Thomas to be Thomas.

I very much agree with this.... His only competition will be Fournier who still thinks that he's Chris Paul

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Thomas was a poor fit for both teams in my opinion. Granted he opted for the surgery later, but I still think he didn't fit well with either roster.

I don't buy that. The Cavs desperately needed a secondary ball-handler and scorer when James rests, and that's IT in a nutshell. He wasn't asked to defend or distribute the ball with his court vision. His injury situation was mismanaged since day one, and I won't buy that he's suddenly 100% healthy and return to 2017 form. If we get IT, it will be with the understanding that he'll have no pressure to perform and at the first sight of injury he will be shut down. Maybe he exerts himself in a few games but the rest will be closer to what we saw in LA, shooting nights like 5/12 or 6/16.

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

At least we’re not paying 5/158 for Devon freakin’ Booker

No doubt. People want to talk about high volume low efficient scorers.... Look no further then Devin Booker.

36 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think he can give 17 points a night. But are you okay with him taking 15 shots to do it? and are you okay with the rest of the players sacrificing shots for IT? Because I don't think he's getting to the line 8 times either. 

less than 4 shots a quarter? sure

6 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

No doubt. People want to talk about high volume low efficient scorers.... Look no further then Devin Booker.

yea because why bet on a 21 year old averaging 25 and shooting 38% from 3 being a bit better in a couple years time (when the extension would kick in any way)...C'mon Dan you can do better.