magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

6 minutes ago, Odin said:

Neither of whom are an answer to my question. And both were disappointing in comparison to their prior production. Grant Hill was basically a role player on the Suns.

But if Isaiah was a Grant Hill type player, who can change his role to fit his declining ability, I’d probably be fine with Thomas.

But I don’t think he can be effective outside of being a ball dominant volume scorer. And I think those years are behind him.

And you are probably right. I’m banking on the possibility he is still good.

And even if hes not, it's literally a 1 year contract that doesnt hurt us from finding someone next year.

There is literally no risk here, and only possible upside.

I'm not sure what the worry is with IT. If we're just signing him to a 1 or 2 year deal, I think there isn't much of an issue. He either works out or he doesn't, our long term success doesn't hinge on IT being great. If we want to be a good team, we have to hope our frontcourt turns into something special. I'm pretty sure no one is beating the warriors anytime soon anyways lol. Develop the front court and hope for the best!

If people think IT will be like he was 2016-17 then you'll be disappointed. But the fact we'll have a guy who is still capable of creating his own offense and might give us 17-22 points a game I don't see how this is a bad signing

• Upvote 2

What if IT is a second PG move and we can use him as a super sixth man like where he’s thrived his entire career? I guess I nievely still haven’t given up hope on Kemba/Ball

6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

If people think IT will be like he was 2016-17 then you'll be disappointed. But the fact we'll have a guy who is still capable of creating his own offense and might give us 17-22 points a game I don't see how this is a bad signing

I’m after his winning spirit. It’s like bringing back Jameer.

• Upvote 2

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

What if IT is a second PG move and we can use him as a super sixth man like where he’s thrived his entire career? I guess I nievely still haven’t given up hope on Kemba/Ball

We are peanuts to Ball. Plus LeBron said he wanted to play with Ball.

1 minute ago, Odin said:

Neither of whom are an answer to my question. And both were disappointing in comparison to their prior production. Grant Hill was basically a role player on the Suns.

But if Isaiah was a Grant Hill type player, who can change his role to fit his declining ability, I’d probably be fine with Thomas.

But I don’t think he can be effective outside of being a ball dominant volume scorer. And I think those years are behind him.

everyone here is just trying to convince themselves it's a good idea so we can declare this offseason a success. 

I saw enough of IT on the Cavs and Lakers and he was nothing, nothing like what he was the previous year. He didn't have anywhere near the speed, burst, lift, or oomph in his game. He put up points because he played like a worse Iverson, pure volume. And because this roster is so devoid of offensive playmakers, he will be the de facto scorer and IMO will shoot us out of games. 

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

everyone here is just trying to convince themselves it's a good idea so we can declare this offseason a success. 

I saw enough of IT on the Cavs and Lakers and he was nothing, nothing like what he was the previous year. He didn't have anywhere near the speed, burst, lift, or oomph in his game. He put up points because he played like a worse Iverson, pure volume. And because this roster is so devoid of offensive playmakers, he will be the de facto scorer and IMO will shoot us out of games. 

Cavs and Lakers Thomas is still pre-surgery. He was playing hurt.

1 minute ago, Ibn Battuta said:

i think it takes awhile to get adjusted to a new team and to fully come back from an injury.  I think hes worth another chance

5 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Thomas was a poor fit for both teams in my opinion. Granted he opted for the surgery later, but I still think he didn't fit well with either roster.