magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I hope Isaiah comes here and does well. If we do sign him it's a good sign that WeHam don't care for length exclusively. I'm happy with our young frontcourt but we need scorers regardless of body type

If he can stay healthy I would have no problem with a PG rotation of IT & DJ. I also hope we keep Ross as well. He's a good glue guy. Solid defensive play and a good team player mentality.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm fully prepared for Isaiah to average like 15 and 5 on like 42/33/88 shooting and I'd be ok with that on a short deal but there's some small voice inside me that believes he might get back to 5th in MVP voting, 2nd in the league in Offensive Win Shares Isaiah. 

I think he’ll average closer to 20 pretty easily. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm fully prepared for Isaiah to average like 15 and 5 on like 42/33/88 shooting and I'd be ok with that on a short deal but there's some small voice inside me that believes he might get back to 5th in MVP voting, 2nd in the league in Offensive Win Shares Isaiah. 

Where there’s heart, there’s a champion. His injury was minor. He had the averages you seek playing injured. 

If he heals at 80%, he can still get back to the 3-shot threat he was and the floor will spread for us.

4 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Where there’s heart, there’s a champion. His injury was minor. He had the averages you seek playing injured. 

If he heals at 80%, he can still get back to the 3-shot threat he was and the floor will spread for us.

It should be very concerning to everyone. He had a hip injury and we're talking about a small player that relies on speed to be effective.

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

It should be very concerning to everyone. He had a hip injury and we're talking about a small player that relies on speed to be effective.

If it doesn’t workout, what do we really lose though? A 1 year deal? I don’t think Thomas is the long term solution at PG obviously but it could make for a fun year potentially. Better than watching DJ and whoever else. This isn’t some big gamble. We’re talking 1 year here. 

5 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I also hope we keep Ross as well. He's a good glue guy. Solid defensive play and a good team player mentality.

I wouldn’t be quick to move Ross either. I’m interested to see if the small sample size from early in the season with Ross and Isaac on the court together can be sustained defensively. They had clear impact on the defensive side of the ball in those early games.

And even if he isn’t at good of a shot creator as a guy like Evan, we’re going to need to get transition buckets with this team, so the steal and deflections he creates will be incredibly valuable. 

5 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

If it doesn’t workout, what do we really lose though? A 1 year deal? I don’t think Thomas is the long term solution at PG obviously but it could make for a fun year potentially. Better than watching DJ and whoever else. This isn’t some big gamble. We’re talking 1 year here. 

Completely agree. I'm not against a signing, but I still have major concerns about his overall health. Like I said earlier.... If he's 100% healthy then I think he's a perfect bridge PG for our team. He needs to sign with a team that will give him meaningful playing time.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Confession: I still love De’Aaron Fox 

He's worked on his strength and conditioning in the offseason and it showed in his 1st SL game. I think he makes a big jump in year 2.

12 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Completely agree. I'm not against a signing, but I still have major concerns about his overall health. Like I said earlier.... If he's 100% healthy then I think he's a perfect bridge PG for our team. He needs to sign with a team that will give him meaningful playing time.

Yep. IT is the type of guy I don’t mind betting on though. He thrives when his back is against the wall and people count him out. Just based off some of the things he’s been tweeting I feel like he’s incredibly motivated to prove people wrong once again.