magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

11 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What teams could use Vooch?

Supposedly there were a few teams interested in Enes Kanter if he opted out. He's a similar type of player to Vuc so there might be a market for him.

43 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Vuc is a whimper we do not need around our young Lions. 

Trade him for a highly protected 2nd and Im happy.

Hahaha

True, though

If IT helps us be in more competitive games than thats whats best for our young core. He doesnt play a position any of BIG and theyd benefit from ITs passing and gravity. Honestly cant see a negative side to bringing him in that i cam agree with atm

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If IT helps us be in more competitive games than thats whats best for our young core. He doesnt play a position any of BIG and theyd benefit from ITs passing and gravity. Honestly cant see a negative side to bringing him in that i cam agree with atm

The biggest question mark for me with IT is his health. Can he stay on the floor and play at a high level. I do agree with the idea that we need to start developing a culture of winning. Screw the tanking BS. I think it adversely affects the development in our younger players. We need to take the losing mentality that we've developed over the last 5 years and show it the damn door.

• Upvote 4

On a side note, I'm not sold on Philly getting over the hump. Somebody earlier posted a video showing Embiid and Bamba with other players scrimaging and I must say Joel's conditioning leaves a LOT to be desired. If he plans on being great then he needs to shed about 15 pounds of fat. Did you notice at the end of the video he was holding his knees like nobody's business.

49 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

The biggest question mark for me with IT is his health. Can he stay on the floor and play at a high level. I do agree with the idea that we need to start developing a culture of winning. Screw the tanking BS. I think it adversely affects the development in our younger players. We need to take the losing mentality that we've developed over the last 5 years and show it the damn door.

This is why I am vehemently anti-tank.

1. History shows that tanking doesnt work as a reliable team building strategy

2. It develops a culture of losing for the young players you do end up drafting.

Teams should be trying to win. (Shedding bad contracts or signing intelligently instead of just trading and signing willy nilly is not -tanking-) You can then add new pieces onto that core to supplement it and grow.

I hope Isaiah comes here and does well. If we do sign him it's a good sign that WeHam don't care for length exclusively. I'm happy with our young frontcourt but we need scorers regardless of body type

I'm fully prepared for Isaiah to average like 15 and 5 on like 42/33/88 shooting and I'd be ok with that on a short deal but there's some small voice inside me that believes he might get back to 5th in MVP voting, 2nd in the league in Offensive Win Shares Isaiah.