magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I said anything we can offer - which I believe is $8.5M/year. Exum just got $11M/year. Our offer would be below market value for him. He played well in Utah and was in a weird position joining that Cavs team. I’d be thrilled if they let him walk though. 

EDIT: Sorry, I reread your post and think I misinterpreted. You mean they don’t have any interest at keeping him at all and wouldn’t even match a $5M/year deal?

I’m thinking they won’t have interest in keeping him at all. But without Lebron now you’re probably right in thinking they won’t just let an asset leave. 

12 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

My big concern with Lin and IT (aside from defense at the point) would be two of our PGs are injury prone AND coming off injuries. We could be back down to only DJ really quickly. 

We improve by mere subtraction here.  Get Vuc off the team if only to give Birch more playing time.  I only say this because I don't think they'd take Biyombo.  A PG tandem of IT/Lin/DJ will be fine.  They are solid distributors for our BIG.

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

NO!!!

He is not the same Jeremy Lin who played out of his mind when he was with the Knicks.

It’s to give us an expiring. To rid of Biz would you say yes?

2 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

No one is taking on Biz this year unless we give up first round picks. And there’s really no reason for it at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Mack1085 said:

No one is taking on Biz this year unless we give up first round picks. And there’s really no reason for it at the moment. 

Ok. So the realistic question.  Would you give up Vuc for Lin?  I say yes.  We become better by subtraction.  UNLESS Vuc is willing to play sixth man and not sulk about it.

10 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

I'm sorry Catalina. See, I don't understanding all that stuff about how "cap space," "expiring," etc. tie in with who we trade for. All I know is what I see on the court. . .how a player plays. :) 

11 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Brooklyn says no.

They said that to you?

Obviously the trade is completely different with Russell vs Lin but we might be able to get it done with Vuch or Fournier and a future first. 

7 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm sorry Catalina. See, I don't understanding all that stuff about how "cap space," "expiring," etc. tie in for who we trade for. All I know is what I see on the court. . .how a player plays. :) 

No need to apologize.  To help you understand, in reading online, Brooklyn is simply trying to shed Lin because he clears cap next year.  Same thing with Vuc.  Lin's value is no longer as a player.  It's a $12 million price tag coming off the books next summer.  If we get him now, then perhaps he can be an expensive third string PG and we can use the $12 million to get Kemba Walker next summer.  We'd have to get rid of Vuc in order to do so.  But to me, this is good.  Without Vuc, we can play Birch more.  We become a defensive beast in the east!

8 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

They said that to you?

Obviously the trade is completely different with Russell vs Lin but we might be able to get it done with Vuch or Fournier and a future first. 

Ok so with Fournier it's a different case.  But to give up a first for Russell?  Maybe.