magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23988592/guard-michael-carter-williams-houston-rockets-agree-one-year-deal

Another PG off the list, not that I was interested in him, but interesting he gets signed to a low offer while others are still available. 

Yea really cheap. 

I feel like Exum, if we have any interest in him, could be had on a relatively cheap deal. Seems like these guys really aren’t costing much. 

11 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I’m really wondering what the hold up is on getting the next set of dominos to fall on some of these signings. I figured once Lebron signed everything would kind of start happening but it’s pretty slow. Teams must really be doing their research before spending any type of money. 

think it's Kawhi and the Spurts. GOTTA believe we're included in some type of trade scenario and just waiting for everything to be agreed to? If not with Spurs/LAL, maybe trying to negotiate with a RFA?

IDK 

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

think it's Kawhi and the Spurts. GOTTA believe we're included in some type of trade scenario and just waiting for everything to be agreed to? If not with Spurs/LAL, maybe trying to negotiate with a RFA?

IDK 

We might be. That would explain why we aren’t going after any of these current FA pg’s. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yea really cheap. 

I feel like Exum, if we have any interest in him, could be had on a relatively cheap deal. Seems like these guys really aren’t costing much. 

Except that Exum is a RFA, so Utah can match. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of RFAs that sign for the qualifying offer this summer, and go full UFA next year. 

All, per the TOS, thanks for being courteous and considerate in your posting here. By no means is this place perfect, yet I generally find this community a good mix of insight, reflection and respect. As a volunteer mod, that’s at least the forum I seek to cultivate and protect. Here’s to a new chapter in the life of being a Magic fan! #swatbrothers #swatmountain #gobigorgohome

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

We might be. That would explain why we aren’t going after any of these current FA pg’s. 

Remember we didn't sign Simmons until like July 15th. Sometimes it makes sense to wait. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

Remember we didn't sign Simmons until like July 15th. Sometimes it makes sense to wait. 

yeah, never know what RFA may shake loose. Look what happened to Randall yesterday; and like you said, Simmons last year. Season doesn't start for a few months. we have time.

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ugh I hate waiting though. Especially when I’m off work all week and sitting at home refreshing my Twitter waiting for something juicy. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Evans to Pacers on 1 year deal per Woj. 

Really good signing for Indiana. 

I like that a lot. Seems to make sense for both parties. 

• Upvote 1