magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Howard left for the Houston Rockets in free agency and has bounced around since. In what can be considered nothing short of a surprise, he’s said to be interested in returning to the Lakers because it would entail playing with LeBron James, as Sam Amick relayed to Alex Kennedy on the HoopsHype Podcast:

lol...LeBron would kill him

This video is from 2 weeks ago. Now it's being reported about Kyrie and Jimmy wanna team up. This guy is plugged in.

Same guy also shared the Ball to Orl rumors:

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If talking about FA's I'm leaning towards Smart over IT. Am I wrong?

All we can offer is MLE and Bos likely matches. If you want to talk S&T with them, Ainge will ask for Bamba and Isaac for Smart.

in other words, IT is easier to get.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

If talking about FA's I'm leaning towards Smart over IT. Am I wrong?

Boston will match, as the most we can offer is MLE. Also, Smart is another defensive player with limited offense and passing. I don't like his fit with our front line core. 

3 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

That post was great lol. And thanks. Being a member on this forum for going on 8 years has actually really helped me with communicating with people. I used to be more combative and want to argue with people who disagreed with me but I’ve learned to be much more open and mindful/respectful of others posts. A lot of people on here have good takes and good ideas. This is a really tight community on here I’ve learned. It’s not like there are millions of dedicated magic fans like us. We are really a small group that’s why I really enjoy the debates we have on here even when they get a little heated/passionate. I don’t think anyone should feel like they can’t post on here because it’s not comfortable. We’re all magic fans who have the same end goal in mind. 

Yes you have HeHateMe. After all that's been said and done, you are one of a handful of posters that I always look forward to reading your comments. That's a fact.

56 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's kind of who I was thinking about. Like what if he's just excellent? Comes completely out of left field and dominates?

I think he will. I’m really high on Frazier. I’m confident he’ll easily be our best second round pick since Quinn. 

We need a point that can shoot first and foremost and also set up our offense getting everyone in the right place and distribute as well. IT can do that if healthy but Smart is more of a glue guy that plays D. I would like to take a flyer on Exum if possible, but I think the Jazz match. Personally, I would just rather get a solid point for future depth as we will still be lottery next year and get another great pick then make our move for a top caliber starter that fits our timeline.  I fear Lonzo could be a possibility, but feel he’s just too Hollywood for us and comes with way too much baggage.