magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, jec said:

I defended Grant Hill too, 10 years ago. People vehemently disagreed with me. The "regulars" don't all share the same opinions. And it's much quieter around here anyway.

Dude, I will never forgive that guy for getting a life-threatening infection due to likely malpractice and then persevering to come back and have a successful career where he accepted a secondary role without ever complaining.  The nerve.

53 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Grayson Allen looked solid in his debut, wonder if he factors in to the Jazz and Exum at all

Wish Allen would have fallen to the second. He did look solid. 

Can it be Friday? Can not wait for Bamba and Frazier. 

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Dude, I will never forgive that guy for getting a life-threatening infection due to likely malpractice and then persevering to come back and have a successful career where he accepted a secondary role without ever complaining.  The nerve.

People actually believe he "stole" from the team.

I get his contract sucked and kept us from improving, but that wasnt his fault. And he busted every part of his ass to get back.

Then, the same people who trashed on him and wanted him gone complained when he signed with Phoenix.

When the crowd boo'd him on his return while in Phoenix, that was about the most embarrassed I've ever been to be a Magic fan.

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

See, this is a message board. Most people don't know each other (personally). We don't know the state of mind of people who post on any message board. Just because one person does not express themselves the way we want them to or you don't agree with the way they express themselves, does that justify ganging up on that poster, resulting in him/her going on attack mode?

Let me share this with you. A month or so ago, there was a poster new to the board. He tried to particpate, but a couple of members criticized him for his sentence structure. I spoke out about it. Also I have not seen any posts from him since that time. 

Two fantastic posts (page 219 and this one) on civility and compassion in reference to MagicFan1234.  No doubt the vulgarity crossed the line and should never be tolerated.  I assume TrueMagicFan07 is giving us the female perspective (mine is the male) on a person.  I tend to trust  the female perspective when it comes to bringing clarity in conflicts.  I do not run this site and  I enjoy it but I hope  MagicFan1234 is OK.

I personally don’t care for Hill. After all the money and time we spent on him he bails and goes to PHX because he wanted to “win”. I don’t think he’s a bad person he’s far from it but I don’t care for the way he left us. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Franchise408 said:

People actually believe he "stole" from the team.

I get his contract sucked and kept us from improving, but that wasnt his fault. And he busted every part of his ass to get back.

When the crowd boo'd him on his return while in Phoenix, that was about the most embarrassed I've ever been to be a Magic fan.

Yeah.  As a now-adult who works in an ICU setting, I see patients with nosocomial infections die on a near daily basis.  I haven't refreshed my memory on all the details of Hill's story recently, but if I recall he was critically ill with MRSA for a while.  I will simply choose to assume that the majority of those booing fans were ignorant to the severity of his infection.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

Two fantastic posts (page 219 and this one) on civility and compassion in reference to MagicFan1234.  No doubt the vulgarity crossed the line and should never be tolerated.  I assume TrueMagicFan07 is giving us the female perspective (mine is the male) on a person.  I tend to trust  the female perspective when it comes to bringing clarity in conflicts.  I do not run this site and  I enjoy it but I hope  MagicFan1234 is OK.

I sent him a direct message literally trying to be super cool and friends with him. I wanted to be cool with him and help turn it around for him on here but he didn’t want that. I really tried. This was right after he had insulted me directly in 2 strait posts but I ignored them, took the high road, and tried to get on the same page with him. 

You guys are seriously digging way to deep into this. If he wants back on here he can literally make another account today and he’s back. Its not the mods job to counsel a poster whose directly insulting other community members, being vulgar and combative and making homophonic remarks. If he has issues or was going through something I obviously wish him the best but at the end of the day how long can you have a guy posting like that on here? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I personally don’t care for Hill. After all the money and time we spent on him he bails and goes to PHX because he wanted to “win”. I don’t think he’s a bad person he’s far from it but I don’t care for the way he left us. 

He played 200 games over 6 seasons and made $93M. It's not his fault that he was injured, but it sucked that when he finally was healthy he decided to leave - and he signed for $2M/year because he essentially got his money already from us. I don't fault Magic fans who aren't fond of Grant Hill. 

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I was ticked too, until I realized that the management at the time didn't really make any effort to actually retain him. 

14 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

He played 200 games over 6 seasons and made $93M. It's not his fault that he was injured, but it sucked that when he finally was healthy he decided to leave - and he signed for $2M/year because he essentially got his money already from us. I don't fault Magic fans who aren't fond of Grant Hill. 

Didn’t we end up making it further than PHX ever did too? I think we did but could be wrong. If we did it’s funny cause he left to go win but we won more. 

I totally get the disappointment and frustration regarding Grant Hill. But I'll never hold ill will towards him. He didnt do us any wrong. It was just an awfully ****ty hand that both he and the team were dealt.

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Didn’t we end up making it further than PHX ever did too? I think we did but could be wrong. If we did it’s funny cause he left to go win but we won more. 

Yeah, they never even made the conference finals while Hill was there (they made it a couple times right before he got there). They made the Finals a couple times in franchise history, but once was in the 90s and then years before that.