magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

7 minutes ago, The Boss said:

You are looking too deep into this. He was clearly looking for down votes on 90% of his posts, with responses like 'if you say so' when someone tried to have a discussion with him. And the 'you started it' wasn't meaning 'you all' at all, he was referring to the poster a couple comments back that made a similar vulgar post.

See, this is a message board. Most people don't know each other (personally). We don't know the state of mind of people who post on any message board. Just because one person does not express themselves the way we want them to or you don't agree with the way they express themselves, does that justify ganging up on that poster, resulting in him/her going on attack mode?

Let me share this with you. A month or so ago, there was a poster new to the board. He tried to particpate, but a couple of members criticized him for his sentence structure. I spoke out about it. Also I have not seen any posts from him since that time. 

3 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

No he wouldn't. He's a guy that's needs the ball in his hands to be effective and even that is questionable because his defense is so bad. He's a scorer that is coming back from a major hip injury.

75% of what he was 2 years ago would average 22 points per game so presumably that would be a good thing on this team Amirite? 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Idk bout that but the guy has heart and guts. I’ll take that and bet on him. 

Heart and guts is great, but when you're an undersized guard that relies on speed and quickness then that hip injury coupled with his age looms large. Let's not forget DRose was an actual MVP no too long ago.

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

See, this is a message board. Most people don't know each other (personally). We don't know the state of mind of people who post on any message board. Just because one person does not express themselves the way we want them to or you don't agree with the way they express themselves, does that justify ganging up on that poster, resulting in him/her going on attack mode?

Let me share this with you. A month or so ago, there was a poster new to the board. He tried to particpate, but a couple of members criticized him for his sentence structure. I spoke out about it. Also I have not seen any posts from him since that time. 

I hope he doesn't come back so you will shut up about it...

obviously im not serious but this was his type of response to everything we would say.

1 minute ago, KRISH10 said:

75% of what he was 2 years ago would average 22 points per game so presumably that would be a good thing on this team Amirite? 

Just don't think it's a good risk for us. I'd much rather have Tyreke or Jrue.

I can understand Isaiah Thomas. I don't think it makes our team better, necessarily, but I can get behind taking a chance on him being a #1 option scorer so Gordon and Fournier don't fight over that. Maybe that can work for their long-term development.

1 minute ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I can understand Isaiah Thomas. I don't think it makes our team better, necessarily, but I can get behind taking a chance on him being a #1 option scorer so Gordon and Fournier don't fight over that. Maybe that can work for their long-term development.

This is the main reason why I want him. That, and he's fun and exciting to watch. An Isaiah Thomas led Magic team would be the funnest to watch this team has been in a LOOOOOOOONG time.

1 minute ago, Eskobar said:

This has been an issue on this forum for a very long time. Usually one of the regulars gets their feelings hurt, mob mentality kicks in, and before long half the forum wants someone gone. Opinions are typically only welcome here if they align with what the regulars also think. I've seen it so many times.

Nah................   I've been around long enough to know that bans were usually merited. In this case it was most definately earned. Nobody's picking on this kid. He's just being a *****.

2 minutes ago, Eskobar said:

This has been an issue on this forum for a very long time. Usually one of the regulars gets their feelings hurt, mob mentality kicks in, and before long half the forum wants someone gone. Opinions are typically only welcome here if they align with what the regulars also think. I've seen it so many times.

Unfortunate reality of message boards. :(

And yes, I have been a victim of this here before as well. Especially when I defend Grant Hill.....

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Just don't think it's a good risk for us. I'd much rather have Tyreke or Jrue.

Meh, Isiah is like MPJ in my opinion. Really skilled offensively and if the injury is behind them they can really boost your team. If the injury is still effecting him then we're a high lottery pick again and can pick a new PG next season, Win Win

Just now, KRISH10 said:

Meh, Isiah is like MPJ in my opinion. Really skilled offensively and if the injury is behind them they can really boost your team. If the injury is still effecting him then we're a high lottery pick again and can pick a new PG next season, Win Win

Literally no risk in taking IT on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Just now, KRISH10 said:

I'd rather roll with DJ and a 3rd tier FA like the dude we just cut.