magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No, seriously. . .MagicFan1234 was not always this way. You have to go back quite a ways in a couple of threads. He was making some comments that in my opinion were innocent, and he wasn't posting harsh comments and responses to others posts until recently. Several weeks ago, some of you were critical (hard on him) for some of the comments/opinions he posted that were pretty down to earth. So he started pushing back. Go back several weeks/pages in some of these threads and you will find what I'm saying is true.

One of the last things he said before he was sent packing was "you started it". . .(meaning 'you all').

I remember him because when I posted comments on certain topics, he was civil in his replies. 

I'm just saying.

Valid and fair point. I've gotten that way on message boards in the past myself (although not to the extent he did), so I get it.

But I just showed back up here, and he was going all in on me too for making harmless comments that had nothing to do with him. Trashing my "favorite all time" lists, telling me that my list couldn't be true because other Magic fans don't agree with it, or being completely rude and disrespectful towards me because I mentioned Isaiah Thomas all of once.

I get it. I've been part of plenty of forums where people who express opinions outside of the think tank get ridden out on a rail. I've been that person before, I know what it's like to reach that point to push back.

But no need to take it out on literally everyone in every post you make.

3 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No, seriously. . .MagicFan1234 was not always this way. You have to go back quite a ways in a couple of threads. He was making some comments that in my opinion were innocent, and he wasn't posting harsh comments and responses to others posts until recently. Several weeks ago, some of you were critical (hard on him) for some of the comments/opinions he posted that were pretty down to earth. So he started pushing back. Go back several weeks/pages in some of these threads and you will find what I'm saying is true.

One of the last things he said before he was sent packing was "you started it". . .(meaning 'you all').

I remember him because when I posted comments on certain topics, he was civil in his replies. 

I'm just saying.

You are looking too deep into this. He was clearly looking for down votes on 90% of his posts, with responses like 'if you say so' when someone tried to have a discussion with him. And the 'you started it' wasn't meaning 'you all' at all, he was referring to the poster a couple comments back that made a similar vulgar post.

18 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

If you guys are into following the follows, Isaiah Thomas just started following the Magic official twitter account.

From what I can tell, the Magic are the only team he is following on Twitter.

I definitely hope this is relevant. As I posted earlier in this thread, I would love to have Isaiah here for a year or 2.

3 minutes ago, The Boss said:

You are looking too deep into this. He was clearly looking for down votes on 90% of his posts, with responses like 'if you say so' when someone tried to have a discussion with him. And the 'you started it' wasn't meaning 'you all' at all, he was referring to the poster a couple comments back that made a similar vulgar post.

Agreed. He was begging for a vacation. It was fun at first then it became just plain juvenile.

13 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm just saying.

you're right. I don't think he was an intentional instigator I think he just views himself as a "die hard fan" who is "Magic or NOTHING!!!!!" and expects the same from other posters.

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

you're right. I don't think he was an intentional instigator I think he just views himself as a "die hard fan" who is "Magic or NOTHING!!!!!" and expects the same from other posters.

Sorry I disagree with you on this point, I would say we're all pretty much die hard fans on this message board 

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Ummmmm..... He has like -110 community rating on 850 posts in the last week and a half........ He was doing it intentionally. Don't be naive.

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

iT come on down!!!

smh...... I don't know about this move.... If he's not back at 100% we're gonna regret the signing.

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

smh...... I don't know about this move.... If he's not back at 100% we're gonna regret the signing.

Shoot, If he can play 75% of what he was 2 years ago then he would be the best PG we've had since Penny 

4 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Shoot, If he can play 75% of what he was 2 years ago then he would be the best PG we've had since Penny 

No he wouldn't. He's a guy that's needs the ball in his hands to be effective and even that is questionable because his defense is so bad. He's a scorer that is coming back from a major hip injury.

5 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Idk bout that but the guy has heart and guts. I’ll take that and bet on him.