magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, 0rland0fan said:

If you have a choice, would you rather see the Warriors win or the Lakers.  I'll take the Warriors anyway.  Hate the lakers. 

I mean, I live in the Bay Area, so while I'm not a Warriors fan, if the Magic aren't winning, I'm glad it's my home town team. I got no beef with the Warriors.

2 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Obviously this is allowed under the current rules but Silver has initiated the dialogue about addressing superteams and this year is backing up his thought process that it must be resolved.   Buying out of contracts like Philly with Bayless to free up cap space...really?  Cousins for this one year deal...really?   OKC this year with their $130 million luxury tax and then adding Noel.......Really.  Getting out of control.  To me the solution has to be a harder cap and cleaning up the loopholes so we have some amount of competitive balance so we eliminate the one year Rent a player so they can get a ring.  Just not healthy for the overall league.

A thought I brought up in another thread, what if they combined a hard cap with allowing teams to offer their own players not just additional contract years, but higher dollars as well.

For example, if a max contract is say, $40 million, the team he plays for can offer him $50? Players don't want the additional year, because they want the 1+1 contracts to continue to renegotiate. But if a team can offer their own players more hard cash, it might help incentivize players to stay put and not just jump ship constantly.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. He's gone. I've had too many people complain. It's starting to derail too many conversations

Glad he's gone... now just hope he doesn't come back under a different account.

25 minutes ago, Diplo said:

Why you say this?

I just feel like LA is waiting until next summer. I feel like they want to see what they have with Ball/Ingram/Lebron. Maybe I’m conoeltely wrong and ball and Ingram get traded tomorrow. 

I'm super encouraged to see Embiid taking the initiative to seek out and work with the best basketball trainer around.

Also super encouraged to see him working out and playing against arguably the best young center in the league.

I think that Bamba has a ceiling that is super rare in that his physical gifts, which are all time elite, may be surpassed by his mind and ability to learn. This dude could be amazing.

I am glad that my wish did not come true, I am happier with Bamba than I would be with Young.

Bamba could be better than Ayton, and that's not hyperbole. 

5 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

I mean, I live in the Bay Area, so while I'm not a Warriors fan, if the Magic aren't winning, I'm glad it's my home town team. I got no beef with the Warriors.

A thought I brought up in another thread, what if they combined a hard cap with allowing teams to offer their own players not just additional contract years, but higher dollars as well.

For example, if a max contract is say, $40 million, the team he plays for can offer him $50? Players don't want the additional year, because they want the 1+1 contracts to continue to renegotiate. But if a team can offer their own players more hard cash, it might help incentivize players to stay put and not just jump ship constantly.

Glad he's gone... now just hope he doesn't come back under a different account.

That idea has legs and could work.  Ultimately it will be a players association and owner issue to resolve.  Both sides will have to give in a little.  That is always thorny.

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I just feel like LA is waiting until next summer. I feel like they want to see what they have with Ball/Ingram/Lebron. Maybe I’m conoeltely wrong and ball and Ingram get traded tomorrow. 

I think the Lakers might be getting the idea that the Spurs definitely aren't trading Kawhi to them. Who else would they trade Ball for? I think that's partly what all the one year contracts are all about, they'll just sign him next offseason.

If you guys are into following the follows, Isaiah Thomas just started following the Magic official twitter account.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

If you guys are into following the follows, Isaiah Thomas just started following the Magic official twitter account.

Interesting...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Looks like I need to log on to NBAShop.com and order my new jersey

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe I am being naive but the compassionate side of me already misses MagicFan1234 a little bit.  He definitely crossed the line with vulgarity but he always was "pushing the envelope."  I did get the sense he was a fan, just different.

No, seriously. . .MagicFan1234 was not always this way. You have to go back quite a ways in a couple of threads. He was making some comments that in my opinion were innocent, and he wasn't posting harsh comments and responses to others posts until recently. Several weeks ago, some of you were critical (hard on him) for some of the comments/opinions he posted that were pretty down to earth. So he started pushing back. Go back several weeks/pages in some of these threads and you will find what I'm saying is true.

One of the last things he said before he was sent packing was "you started it". . .(meaning 'you all').

I remember him because when I posted comments on certain topics, he was civil in his replies. 

I'm just saying.