magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I guess Ball being traded just seems more unlikely now. 

they're already halfway committed to the process. Might as well go all the way and see it through.

14 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I never suggested that.  Pay is between a team and the player.  A hard or harder salary cap (vs the soft/luxury cap currently) would prevent a team over the cap (I.e Warriors, i.e Thunder)) from signing any player (i.e Cousins, ie. Noel) for any figure at all.  Bigger market teams have definite advantage (revenue streams) than smaller market teams as Silver has communicated.  We are struggling finding players staying within the salary cap of $101 million while Warriors add a player like Cousins when their salaries exceed $140 million and OKC adds Noel when their salaries exceed $150 million.  That is what needs to somehow be addressed.

It is being addressed by progressive luxury tax payments. 

We're basically getting Gordon for free this year with all the luxury tax payouts. 

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe I am being naive but the compassionate side of me already misses MagicFan1234 a little bit.  He definitely crossed the line with vulgarity but he always was "pushing the envelope."  I did get the sense he was a fan, just different.

He was literally insulting the majority of us every other post. I tried with him. He was seriously derailing this forum to the point where I didn’t even wanna get on anymore. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He was literally insulting the majority of us every other post. I tried with him. He was seriously derailing this forum to the point where I didn’t even wanna get on anymore. 

I was lucky and escaped his wrath and I like your knowledge and well thought out posts so all's well that ends well.

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Maybe I am being naive but the compassionate side of me already misses MagicFan1234 a little bit.  He definitely crossed the line with vulgarity but he always was "pushing the envelope."  I did get the sense he was a fan, just different.

His trolling was too obvious. Every post was just attacks to get under someone's skin. 

32 minutes ago, jjgator said:

It's getting to the point where championships in the NBA don't really mean much anymore. I'm almost glad the Magic aren't even close to contending. I can just watch the young guys grow and not worry about the other stuff.

I couldn't agree more. I feel like I'm in a fall out shelter patiently waiting for my friend to get done chizzeling our new toy soldiers, and then after the coast is clear, we'll rise to the surface to watch them play. But until then, things are not safe in the world above...

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It is being addressed by progressive luxury tax payments. 

We're basically getting Gordon for free this year with all the luxury tax payouts. 

That solves the money issue not the competitive balance issue.  The progressive luxury tax was supposed to prevent these superteams by imposing a system that would inhibit big market teams with greater financial resources from doing what they are doing.  That is what is failing and what Silver referenced.  Will not be an easy solution and probably will not be tackled until next labor agreement which I think is 2021.

12 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

yeah, I miss him too but something has to be done to coral him in. He's obviously not on the same playing field as the rest of us but you still have to be held accountable for your behaviors. 

15 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I guess Ball being traded just seems more unlikely now. 

Why you say this?

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah, I miss him too but something has to be done to coral him in. He's obviously not on the same playing field as the rest of us but you still have to be held accountable for your behaviors. 

He definitely could bring new meaning to the word "irritating".  A ton of people tried to change him with no luck.