magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Cousins to GS lol. I know he's coming off a bad injury so maybe he isn't the same but I couldn't help my first reaction, these modern NBA players are all pu---es.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Cousins to GS lol. I know he's coming off a bad injury so maybe he isn't the same but I couldn't help my first reaction, these modern NBA players are all pussies.

It's getting to the point where championships in the NBA don't really mean much anymore. I'm almost glad the Magic aren't even close to contending. I can just watch the young guys grow and not worry about the other stuff.

Just now, jjgator said:

It's getting to the point where championships in the NBA don't really mean much anymore. 

No doubt. At some point you would think it is going to hurt business. But it took awhile for the globetrotters to lose interest. So. 

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Paul George just signed in the 41st largest tv market

But he also has these sponsors: Nike, Gatorade, New Era, Bass Pro Shops and Tissot.  I mean the tv  deal isn't the only catalyst.  George's contract is more than enough for who he is and he just recently got the Nike shoe deal.  

Player motivations vary by their rightful prerogatives.  The assumption is broad on our end and I'm most likely to miss but I enjoy guessing. By the terms of  DM's contract, he probably wants the title more than anything.  The variables are:  money, injury, location.   He's coming off an Achilles injury so would anyone want to risk it a max on him?  I guess he decides championship now since no one is paying.  Might as well destroy the league with the Warriors.  

Javale probably knew Cousins had a contract and instantly bolted.  He was probably informed early on behind doors. It probably explains the impulse of his signing with the Lakers.  

Every signing has its own context but the western conference is absolutely saturated with talent. Its the Amazon forest of the league with its diversity. 

49 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You can't legislate against pay cuts. 

I never suggested that.  Pay is between a team and the player.  A hard or harder salary cap (vs the soft/luxury cap currently) would prevent a team over the cap (I.e Warriors, i.e Thunder)) from signing any player (i.e Cousins, ie. Noel) for any figure at all.  Bigger market teams have definite advantage (revenue streams) than smaller market teams as Silver has communicated.  We are struggling finding players staying within the salary cap of $101 million while Warriors add a player like Cousins when their salaries exceed $140 million and OKC adds Noel when their salaries exceed $150 million.  That is what needs to somehow be addressed.

11 minutes ago, jjgator said:

It's getting to the point where championships in the NBA don't really mean much anymore. I'm almost glad the Magic aren't even close to contending. I can just watch the young guys grow and not worry about the other stuff.

Yup. I didn't even watch the playoffs or the finals. None of it. Not interested. It's the most ironic thing. The stars feel they are bigger than game moreso than ever yet they're too damn pussified to try to beat each other. They have to join superteams and ****. 

I lose more and more interest with the NBA as an whole, as I get older and older because of this.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yup. I didn't even watch the playoffs or the finals. None of it. Not interested. It's the most ironic thing. The stars feel they are bigger than game moreso than ever yet they're to damn pussified to beat each other. They have to join superteams and ****. 

I lose more and more interest with the NBA as an whole, as I get older and older because of this.

I completely agree from start to finish.

19 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Do we retain his rights? Can still be used as a filler in a trade.

we used the amnesty clause on him. rights can't be traded.

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. He's gone. I've had too many people complain. It's starting to derail too many conversations

Maybe I am being naive but the compassionate side of me already misses MagicFan1234 a little bit.  He definitely crossed the line with vulgarity but he always was "pushing the envelope."  I did get the sense he was a fan, just different.