magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Obviously this is allowed under the current rules but Silver has initiated the dialogue about addressing superteams and this year is backing up his thought process that it must be resolved.   Buying out of contracts like Philly with Bayless to free up cap space...really?  Cousins for this one year deal...really?   OKC this year with their $130 million luxury tax and then adding Noel.......Really.  Getting out of control.  To me the solution has to be a harder cap and cleaning up the loopholes so we have some amount of competitive balance so we eliminate the one year Rent a player so they can get a ring.  Just not healthy for the overall league.

1 minute ago, 0rland0fan said:

Fair enough.  I just feel he was still serviceable. Besides, something that can't be forgotten is that Boogie is going to rely much less on explosiveness and speed and more on his size and footwork and shot, so it won't affect him nearly as much as other players who rely much more on being explosive and quick. 

Look at post Achilles Elton brand

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Look at post Achilles Elton brand

He went from 20 and 10 to 15 and 8 post injury.  Also found that he said this:

"I didn’t have the same explosiveness that I had. I regained and then I relost it. I didn’t have it. I had to change my game a little bit where I jumped off two feet and I was a little bit slower."  

So maybe you have a point.  

13 minutes ago, JustBeCool said:

Hello all! First time poster, longgggg time stalker (since the Dwight days). JJJ looks good n all but the dude should try grabbing a couple of rebounds lol. Other than the rebounding, he's shown what he could be. 

Welcome!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

A lot of one year contracts.  Next summer already setting up to be just as intriquing.

Cousins is not going to the Lakers next year

• Downvote 1

I've never seen such a management team that is as relentless now and successful at it as the Warriors organization.  Bravo!

So where do we stand now cap wise? Do we just basically have the non taxpayer MLE to spend(isn't that like 9 million?) And we can only offer minimum contracts after that?

4 minutes ago, jjgator said:

So where do we stand now cap wise? Do we just basically have the non taxpayer MLE to spend(isn't that like 9 million?) And we can only offer minimum contracts after that?

We also have the bi annual exception. 

But basically we're going to use the mle and then sign minimum contracts unless we do a 2 for 1 because our rotation is pretty close to being full. Doesn't make sense to spend the money. Just need to fill holes

24 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Obviously this is allowed under the current rules but Silver has initiated the dialogue about addressing superteams and this year is backing up his thought process that it must be resolved.   Buying out of contracts like Philly with Bayless to free up cap space...really?  Cousins for this one year deal...really?   OKC this year with their $130 million luxury tax and then adding Noel.......Really.  Getting out of control.  To me the solution has to be a harder cap and cleaning up the loopholes so we have some amount of competitive balance so we eliminate the one year Rent a player so they can get a ring.  Just not healthy for the overall league.

You can't legislate against pay cuts. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

You can't legislate against pay cuts. 

Yep, and teams should always be wary of trying to legislate too much in the league as it always might be their turn next.