Jump to content
magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Recommended Posts

Odin    87
3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Honestly, Spurs dodged a bullet because if Spurs worked out with Leonard, they were planning to give him a $219 million contract and he is not worth that

Leonard is exactly the type of player that is worth that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ML6    243
Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

No he is not

lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    124
40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Think Lakers might try and pull a deal for Kawhi, then try and sign another top free agent to go with him.

 The Spurs won't trade him to a team in the West that would beat them in the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odin    87
Just now, MagicFan1234 said:

No he is not

When healthy, he is a top 5-10 player in the league. Obviously, the current injury situation is worrisome , but you definitely pay that much to keep him.

Last season the spurs won 47 wins with almost the same exact team as that won 61 games the year before. While some of that decrease is likely due to their aging players(Parker, Ginobili, Gasol in particular), much of it was due to missing Leonard.

You wouldn't pay 219 million for a player that is worth half of the total wins of our team last year by himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    124
1 minute ago, Odin said:

When healthy, he is a top 5-10 player in the league. Obviously, the current injury situation is worrisome , but you definitely pay that much to keep him.

Last season the spurs won 47 wins with almost the same exact team as that won 61 games the year before. While some of that decrease is likely due to their aging players(Parker, Ginobili, Gasol in particular), much of it was due to missing Leonard.

You wouldn't pay 219 million for a player that is worth half of the total wins of our team last year by himself?

No unless he takes the team to the Finals and win it 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy5783    13

Is it true that he is interested in the Knicks too? Him and Porzingis is a good start and then its also reported Kyrie might head there in FA. Could be an even more fun team IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    124
Just now, billy5783 said:

Is it true that he is interested in the Knicks too? Him and Porzingis is a good start and then its also reported Kyrie might head there in FA. Could be an even more fun team IMO

I do not know why players would want to go to the Knicks, that franchise is a big mess and I would not want to deal with the awful owner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billy5783    13
7 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I do not know why players would want to go to the Knicks, that franchise is a big mess and I would not want to deal with the awful owner 

I mean yeah they are a wreck but talent solves a lot of issues. That trio could make some noise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    124
4 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I mean yeah they are a wreck but talent solves a lot of issues. That trio could make some noise

Maybe but they would be like the Pelicans who has Davis, Cousins, and Holiday but the rest of their roster is trash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a secondary Knicks fan as well and that would be huge. Kawhi and possibly Kyrie would bring a hype to a city that hasn't had it in a long time. Seeing sold out games with a team that is a playoff contenders/possible finals contender at MSG would be unbelievable there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MagicFan1234    124
1 minute ago, Malik Buttface said:

I'm a secondary Knicks fan as well and that would be huge. Kawhi and possibly Kyrie would bring a hype to a city that hasn't had it in a long time. Seeing sold out games with a team that is a playoff contenders/possible finals contender at MSG would be unbelievable there.

Kyrie is not signing a contract in summer but he will sign a contract next year, he will get more money that way and I do not see Kyrie leaving the Celtics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×