magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

12 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Don't damper my day.....Tell me California is still voting to secede on November.....that state is just a mess....phony LeBron and California deserve each other

I am in college in San Diego. I expect to see lots of gold and purple on campus next semester from all those "lifetime" Lakers fans. 

1 minute ago, BravoJulietEcho said:

I am in college in San Diego. I expect to see lots of gold and purple on campus next semester from all those "lifetime" Lakers fans. 

I wonder if all those Laker Jerseys will have Cleveland Cavalier Jersey residue under the coloring. 

2 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I told you all Mario is not coming back, now you all can shut up about him now 

lmao i was so sad until i read this. you are a prime time snl personality, not even kidding

14 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Of course there is.  I feel its even worse than that.  This probably begins an entire new era of basketball.  Sports betting has been legalized and now California is setting up their laws.  If there's a place you can make a killing on Sports betting, its Los Angeles. 

This league's authenticity will be a major question moving into these next four seasons.  I won't be surprised to witness teams throw games completely if not intentionally to make millions in the shadows.  The league as of this moment is inauthentic and you all better fear the worst.  James has put himself in favorable position and Kawhi wants that position himself.  That off the court money will easily make Lebron a billionaire as he wanted to be.  

I was thinking the same thing (I have been replying to others' posts making that same opening comment). . .ha ha! Anyway, during the regular or post season last year, I posted a comment in another thread about LeBron saying he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete. This move that he is making is not about chasing another championship (That door has pretty much closed). He has other business interests/investments outside of basketball. If you recall during the playoffs L.J. played 48 mins. in several/most of the games, then gave up on the team after he saw they were going to be swept.

I believe LJ knew that was going to be his last dance with the Cavs, so he had to make it look good by playing all those minutes and of course putting up big numbers in scoring. In that way, the Cavs fans would not harbor any ill feelings about him leaving for another team. After LeBron left to play in Miami, he returned to Cleveland to fulfill his promise to bring them a championship. So I believe LeBron feels he followed through on his promise and now it is time to move on.

LJ is continually building his brand and he is traveling from coast to coast to expand his fan base (not that he needed to because he is popular no matter where he plays geographically). But it's not about winning championships, he is a hot item wherever he goes. It's all about reaching his goal of becoming the first billionaire athlete before or after he retires.

4 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I was thinking the same thing (I have been replying to others' posts making that same opening comment). . .ha ha! Anyway, during the regular or post season last year, I posted a comment in another thread about LeBron saying he wanted to be the first billionaire athlete. This move that he is making is not about chasing another championship (That door has pretty much closed). He has other business interests/investments outside of basketball. If you recall during the playoffs L.J. played 48 mins. in several/most of the games, then gave up on the team after he saw they were going to be swept.

I believe LJ knew that was going to be his last dance with the Cavs, so he had to make it look good by playing all those minutes and of course putting up big numbers in scoring. In that way, the Cavs fans would not harbor any ill feelings about him leaving for another team. After LeBron left to play in Miami, he returned to Cleveland to fulfill his promise to bring them a championship. So I believe LeBron feels he followed through on his promise and now it is time to move on.

LJ is continually building his brand and he is traveling from coast to coast to expand his fan base (not that he needed to because he is popular no matter where he plays geographically). But it's not about winning championships, he is a hot item wherever he goes. It's all about reaching his goal of becoming the first billionaire athlete before or after he retires.

There are already Billionaire athletes...he wouldn’t be the first.