magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

8 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I told you all Mario is not coming back, now you all can shut up about him now 

Not sure why this is your schtick. Do you want us all to not be able to stand you? Just be a normal fan. If you hate this team so much move on to a new one. 

I have to wonder if we would have extended Mario at the time he was due how many people would have complained "why did we do that, he sucks?" He did suck right up until after he didn't get the extension. I'll miss him and wish him good luck.

2 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Not sure why this is your schtick. Do you want us all to not be able to stand you? Just be a normal fan. If you hate this team so much move on to a new one. 

Well put. 

16 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have to wonder if we would have extended Mario at the time he was due how many people would have complained "why did we do that, he sucks?" He did suck right up until after he didn't get the extension. I'll miss him and wish him good luck.

This^^^.  Mario did not explode or show that side of him that we all fell in love with until after he didn't get the extension. So we shouldn't blame anyone else for him not doing what he needed to do. I believe he had it in him all along but waited too late to showcase his talent. 

Edit: He sucked up until it was too late (just before an extension was to be decided).

I had an essay ready for this signing but I decided not say much.  I'll say this.  The Lakers is the franchise i hate above all franchises and that's because of how they were gifted titles.  Their entitlement.  The West is ready for LeBron and the Lakers.  In 4 years, LeBron will be 37 and people are saying already that he'll beat the Warriors when these same fans are forgetting the Warriors main core are 3 to 5 years younger than LeBron.  

I'm going to have to avoid watching any type of NBA media completely with Lakers influence.  It's going to become truly unbearable.  Expect those Cleveland fans to instantly become Lakers fans.  I already can see Quicken Loans arena stands tailored in Lakers merchandise.  Its the foreseeable banality of the national basketball association.  So predictable; so commonplace.  

As long as the Lakers don't win, I don't give a **** who wins now. 

6 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I would not have complained because the extension was for a little over $5 million (pocket change by NBA standards) and I saw we (by we I mean Vogel because I think it was him) had not given him a chance.  If reports are correct and he is only getting a one year deal and just a portion of the MLE then he really did not want to stay here or we did not make an effort to keep him.  I would think NY state tax takes a chunk of that money away making money a non-issue.  I would love to know what the Knicks did to convince him.  Wonder if they told him about state tax....I doubt it!