magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

28 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Trading Lonzo is not going to shut him up, he is going to talk trash on whatever Lonzo's team is

You don't really know that though

15 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

You don't really know that though

All Lavar talks is about the Lakers this and Laker that and if Lonzo gets traded, Lavar will trash the organization because it is not the Lakers 

3 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

All Lavar talks is about the Lakers this and Laker that and if Lonzo gets traded, Lavar will trash the organization because it is not the Lakers 

Possible but humility can be very humbling and powerful.

Lavar thought he was just gonna come into the NBA and take over. He's striking out quite a bit. His only homerun is Lonzo. Possible he decides to shut up and just let Lonzo do Lonzo.

43 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I agree. I also think getting traded to Orlando would humble Lonzo. Kid is arrogant and needs a little life lesson.

He's the complete opposite of arrogant. What are you talking about?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I actually don't think Lonzo is that arrogant. I think most of it comes from his father. I honestly just think Lonzo wants to play basketball. I actually think I want him over Kemba. Not because he's a better player at all but because his length and playmaking and youth fit our team and timeline to a tee.

Lonzo was never arrogant, I have not heard anything from Lonzo that was arrogant

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

People seem to confuse him with his dad. I'm not even really convinced Lavar is that arrogant. He is doing it to grab attention and promote his brand.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jjgator said:

People seem to confuse him with his dad. I'm not even really convinced Lavar is that arrogant. He is doing it to grab attention and promote his brand.

You must be related to Lavar

55 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

My take is he comes off a bit arrogant. 

I'm honestly good with the idea of Lonzo being here, I think his court vision alone, if that's all that he can provide to this team, is such a pivotal key to the growth of AG/Isaac/MB. Especially Bamba, that guy isn't going to be a dominant force in the paint to where you just give him the ball and he goes to work, at least not yet hopefully. He'll need someone like Zo finding the nooks and crannys to get him great shots and boost his confidence as well as find opportunities for Gordon and Isaac. Gordon handled the ball too much in my opinion last season and I would love to see him be able to move without the ball. I don't believe his father would be that big of an issue here because yes, it's a small market and I agree with comments earlier that he'll most likely be campaigning for Melo next. This would be an atmosphere that Lonzo could flourish in due to the fact that the glitz and glamour fail in comparison to LA which would relieve some of the pressure that he most likely had to endure all last season. Is his offense straight dookie? Yes. Is it possible that he could make changes? Absolutely, it's his second year in the league, geesh. Don't get me wrong though, I would take Kemba and Fultz over Lonzo 9 times out of 10 but I believe either of the 3 are upgrades to what we have now at the position. 

46 minutes ago, jjgator said:

There's no confusion here.