magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Alright. 

I’m not just saying this because I want him but I think Ball would benefit tremendously from playing for a smaller market team like Orlando. I think he could just focus more on basketball. The media attention would die out after a couple weeks. His dad would lose his platform or at least the people that actually care to hear him talk would dwindle. Pairing him with a young core of up and coming players like AG, Bamba and Issac would be good for him. 

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Good! Nothing wrong with a little humility.

Maybe trading Lonzo shuts him up.

Trading Lonzo is not going to shut him up, he is going to talk trash on whatever Lonzo's team is

1 hour ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Well, tomorrow is free agency! I am excited! It will be interesting to see which players will go to new teams and which players will come to our Magic! I hope Mario leaves so he can get more playing time and more money, he will not get that here

NBA second season will be dramatic.   But you are diminishing your status as a Magic fan by hoping Mario leaves.  He will get playing time here because he can shoot.  Our potential inside outside game fits his skill set (Sacramento---not so much).  Money flows to players because of performance and his opportunity here is good for that.

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

NBA second season will be dramatic.   But you are diminishing your status as a Magic fan by hoping Mario leaves.  He will get playing time here because he can shoot.  Our potential inside outside game fits his skill set (Sacramento---not so much).  Money flows to players because of performance and his opportunity here is good for that.

If Mario can shoot then why did Magic decline his option then?

16 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Alright. 

I’m not just saying this because I want him but I think Ball would benefit tremendously from playing for a smaller market team like Orlando. I think he could just focus more on basketball. The media attention would die out after a couple weeks. His dad would lose his platform or at least the people that actually care to hear him talk would dwindle. Pairing him with a young core of up and coming players like AG, Bamba and Issac would be good for him. 

I agree. I also think getting traded to Orlando would humble Lonzo. Kid is arrogant and needs a little life lesson.

5 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

If Mario can’t shoot than why do you want him to go to another team? Because you have been saying the Magic didn’t treat him good. 

6 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Because he was cheeks the first 2 years. Poor work ethic and attitude. Vogel expressed his thoughts and WeHam leaned on it heavily. 

I actually don't think Lonzo is that arrogant. I think most of it comes from his father. I honestly just think Lonzo wants to play basketball. I actually think I want him over Kemba. Not because he's a better player at all but because his length and playmaking and youth fit our team and timeline to a tee.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Because he was not given the opportunity to play until after that date passed so the decision was made on a faulty premise.  Consensus now is that was a bad decision.  My hope is he is resigned as unlikely as that seems.

Just now, HeHateMe said:

Alright. 

I’m with you on this. Orlando is a place Lonzo would be able to focus on basketball. I think his dad will also be focusing on the 3rd son now and that JBA league he’s starting. I also don’t see lavar moving to Orlando so that would help tremendously not having that kind of influence constantly around you

28 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Alright. 

fully agree