magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I do kind of like the idea of waiting for Kemba. If we scrap into the 8th seed with the young guns and DJ/Some random vet as our 2 PGs that could be enough to sell him that we're young improving and an all star PG away from being a top 4 seed. Not sure if we'd have cap space to sign him out right but even if not I'd rather give up a pick to move Biyombo knowing were getting Kemba for a few years rather than just for 1.

I guess it depends how much wed have to give up for Kemba now.

There's definitely an interesting summer ahead.

If we're looking at Fournier vucevic 19 first I'm taking him now and just dealing with the risk he leaves. 

What if we win like 36 games next year? When was the last time an all star joined a team outside of the playoffs in free agency?

The Kemba deal excites me and scares me at the same time, I'm not sure how I feel about it, will need more time to process!

I worry about the contract we'd have to give him when he becomes a free agent, what age will he be? Will it be a 5 year max we'd have to give him? Does he really fit our time line? I feel like he'd be just passing his prime when our young guys start to hit theirs.

I don't mind the idea of the Ball trade with Deng. He scares me though with his shooting. I expected him to enter the league a decent 3 point shooter that only had some issues because of the long shooting motion. Did he always struggle like this from 3 and FT line? Could it just be a mental thing at the moment? Too much pressure in LA, with his dad, BBB and drama.

I'm concerned with his Dad but I'm not sure he will be that big of a deal in the end. Does anyone get the feeling that deep down Lonzo doesn't really want all the drama his Dad brings?

4 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Please, no Thomas. 

Yeah I'm really hoping the Kemba (1) or Ball (2) trade happens but if it doesn't, he might be last resort.

10 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah I'm really hoping the Kemba (1) or Ball (2) trade happens but if it doesn't, he might be last resort.

As stoked as I would be for Kemba I think some of the concerns voiced on here are valid. He will be 29 when he’s due for an extension. And I’ve been saying all along I don’t want to take on any money past 2020, so Batum goes way against that. 

Ball or Fultz are still my first 2 options. I would love Kemba I can’t reitierate that enough and I’d be really excited I just think it could be a not so good move 2 years from now. 

Isiah Thomas I don’t think our FO will touch. Again, he’s not the type of player they covet. At some point people have to realize that. Bringing in Thomas would go against everything they’ve done the past 12 months here. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

As stoked as I would be for Kemba I think some of the concerns voiced on here are valid. He will be 29 when he’s due for an extension. And I’ve been saying all along I don’t want to take on any money past 2020, so Batum goes way against that. 

Ball or Fultz are still my first 2 options. I would love Kemba I can’t reitierate that enough and I’d be really excited I just think it could be a not so good move 2 years from now. 

Isiah Thomas I don’t think our FO will touch. Again, he’s not the type of player they covet. At some point people have to realize that. Bringing in Thomas would go against everything they’ve done the past 12 months here. 

I get that and I share the same concerns financially but that's something we have some control over. Batum's contract does suck too but again, there's always a way to off that somehow or offset it.

At some point I think we need to start elevating ourselves. IT does have a lot of cons but if you can get a good year from him, we start building a winning culture, other, better, PG'S, or just better offensive players in general, might start taking notice and want to start coming to Orlando again.

Yeah totally forgot about Fultz. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

What I took from that was Bamba can catch a basketball in traffic so he’s already 10x the player Biz ever was. 

• Upvote 1