magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

Ok. So assuming we trade Fournier and vucevic for kemba and Batum and we match a hypothetical Gordon offer from Indiana. And assuming Frazier makes the team we're at $114.38m committed to 12 guys Mack's 1 million left on the books and CJ Watson's $333k. The luxury tax is estimated at 123 million. So we'd basically have 8.5 million left over to fill backup pf slot, third point guard, and two way contracts. 

Our rotation would look like 

Kemba-Ross/Simmons/Batum-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin- the two wings that aren't starting at SG- FA-Biyombo

?-Frazier-iwundu-(probably a spot left open)-Birch

The following season assuming the same as before and a maxed kemba and a 108 million cap we'd have 126.19 committed to 10 guys plus whatever we spent on the previous free agents. We'd be letting Ross go but mostly bringing back the same team. We'd be 4 million under the tax but could move expiring Augustin or Biyombo to give us a bunch of extra room if we need it. 

The team would look like

kemba-Batum-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Simmons-iwundu-?-biz

Frazier

20-21 we'd be at 99.9 for kemba-Gordon-Batum-Isaac-Bamba so basically 30 something million before the luxury tax. Full mle to get a 6th man draft picks assuming we didn't use them to move a salary. Rights to resign Frazier and iwundu. Other guys we signed as free agents previously. 

Summer of 21 we have 91 million committed to Gordon, Kemba, Bamba, and Isaac's cap hold. We'd have 20 million in cap room (if we didn't mess that up) to add another free agent. Gordon's on an expiring contract. Bamba up for an extension. 

That's what the future looks like. Maybe we dump Batum in the summer of 2020 using draft picks in order to maximize cap room that off-season vs the following one. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I legitimately might cry if we get kemba. Family is all from Connecticut. Most of my best sports memories are from UConn games. Some of my last memories of my Dad are excitedly talking about kemba. He died from terminal cancer in his early 50s a few days before kembas big East tournament run. My mom is convinced his death had some karmic sway over that championship run. 

Kemba is as close to a holy figure you can get in my family. 

Post of the day

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Ok. So assuming we trade Fournier and vucevic for kemba and Batum and we match a hypothetical Gordon offer from Indiana. And assuming Frazier makes the team we're at $114.38m committed to 12 guys Mack's 1 million left on the books and CJ Watson's $333k. The luxury tax is estimated at 123 million. So we'd basically have 8.5 million left over to fill backup pf slot, third point guard, and two way contracts. 

Our rotation would look like 

Kemba-Ross/Simmons/Batum-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin- the two wings that aren't starting at SG- FA-Biyombo

?-Frazier-iwundu-(probably a spot left open)-Birch

The following season assuming the same as before and a maxed kemba and a 108 million cap we'd have 126.19 committed to 10 guys plus whatever we spent on the previous free agents. We'd be letting Ross go but mostly bringing back the same team. We'd be 4 million under the tax but could move expiring Augustin or Biyombo to give us a bunch of extra room if we need it. 

The team would look like

kemba-Batum-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba

Augustin-Simmons-iwundu-?-biz

Frazier

20-21 we'd be at 99.9 for kemba-Gordon-Batum-Isaac-Bamba so basically 30 something million before the luxury tax. Full mle to get a 6th man draft picks assuming we didn't use them to move a salary. Rights to resign Frazier and iwundu. Other guys we signed as free agents previously. 

Summer of 21 we have 91 million committed to Gordon, Kemba, Bamba, and Isaac's cap hold. We'd have 20 million in cap room (if we didn't mess that up) to add another free agent. Gordon's on an expiring contract. Bamba up for an extension. 

That's what the future looks like. Maybe we dump Batum in the summer of 2020 using draft picks in order to maximize cap room that off-season vs the following one. 

Besides the money, isn't Batum the kind of player you would want on the team anyway? Secondary ball handler, do everything player. Tall and long. Can shoot the ball a bit. Never heard anything bad about him.

I mean he is definitely being paid way too much, but his stats last year really are about the same as they have been for the past few years, so the concern about his decline should be a little muted I think.

Are we still concerned about the injury he had?

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

Besides the money, isn't Batum the kind of player you would want on the team anyway? Secondary ball handler, do everything player. Tall and long. Can shoot the ball a bit. Never heard anything bad about him.

I mean he is definitely being paid way too much, but his stats last year really are about the same as they have been for the past few years, so the concern about his decline should be a little muted I think.

Are we still concerned about the injury he had?

He was not as effective last year but the assumption was he played a role out of character due to trying to maximize Dwight.

But yeah it's not like he's Parsons. Just overpaid

I'm all in on a Kemba trade, tired of losing.  I like Batum, the money sucks but he is almost like a point foward. Having 2 ball handlers is important and might finally unleash Gordon. It's a huge gamble, but worth it. Honestly after this trade If Bamba simply becomes the player we think he is and Isaac blossoms we could be very dangerous a few years from now.

This is going to be like draft night all over again isn't it? Super high hopes of a blockbuster trade only to stay in our lane. I'm so excited about a Lonzo or Kemba trade but we'll probably just end up signing a couple of vets on one year deals and waiting for next summer.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is going to be like draft night all over again isn't it? Super high hopes of a blockbuster trade only to stay in our lane. I'm so excited about a Lonzo or Kemba trade but we'll probably just end up signing a couple of vets on one year deals and waiting for next summer.

Not to get everyone's hopes up more, but I think Kemba has a really good chance of staying if he comes here based on his relationship with Steve Clifford:

"All-Star guard Kemba Walker recently said of Clifford, "He's been great from Day 1. He's been a great coach for me, very motivational. He got me to another level. I just love him as a coach, as a person. He's been special for me in my career.""

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23151340/charlotte-hornets-fire-coach-steve-clifford

This was 2 days prior to Clifford being fired by the Hornets. 

32 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Don't be surprised if we rescue Bruno Caboclo

Was thinking the same thing today. If he has any potential, Hammond will know.

47 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Don't be surprised if we rescue Bruno Caboclo

GP    MPG    FGM-FGA    FG%    3PM-3PA    3P%    FTM-FTA    FT%    RPG    APG    BLKPG    STLPG    PFPG    TOPG    PPG
2017-18 Regular Season    12    8.9         0.8-2.6    .290        0.3-1.4    .176        0.4-0.5    .833        1.8    0.3          0.3          0.3          0.7          0.3       2.2
                                Career    35    6.1         0.6-2.0    .282        0.2-0.9    .242        0.1-0.2    .833        1.0    0.3          0.2          0.2          0.5          0.4       1.5

Not sure why we want a 6'9" SF with these numbers, even if he is only 22?

would you rather have: 

Kemba (potentially leaving in a year + Batum (3yrs $25M/yr)

or

Ball (rookie contract; can't shoot) + Deng (2yrs $18M/yr)