magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

We talk as if we are the only team willing to take on Ball and Deng's salary as a 3rd team in a LA / SA swap. What are the other teams out there that could be 3rd parties that would have an interest and offer something comparable or better than what we have? 

I'm not opposed to Ball. I just think there are other teams that could provide better chips than what we are willing to part with (Ross, Fournier, Vuc, picks). I'm also still highly concerned with our one-dimensional offense if we have a line-up of Ball / x / Gordon / Isaac / Bamba. 

2 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We talk as if we are the only team willing to take on Ball and Deng's salary as a 3rd team in a LA / SA swap. What are the other teams out there that could be 3rd parties that would have an interest and offer something comparable or better than what we have? 

I'm not opposed to Ball. I just think there are other teams that could provide better chips than what we are willing to part with (Ross, Fournier, Vuc, picks). I'm also still highly concerned with our one-dimensional offense if we have a line-up of Ball / x / Gordon / Isaac / Bamba. 

Us and Phx are the only teams needing a PG bad enough to take on Deng. 

IT is a strong personality. Sure, he can be a short-term rental that is a spark offensively, but I don't want him changing locker room culture and minimizing the leadership growth of our current budding future. 

The unfortunate thing for us was Oladipo was a locker room culture shaper. I don't see Bamba and Isaac as those based on their laid-back personalities. Gordon could be. I want the young guys to take over and make this team "their team," and I don't see any guys who will vocally step up to do that. 

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

Us and Phx are the only teams needing a PG bad enough to take on Deng. 

Phoenix worries me but I hope Simmons is a good enough piece to push us over the top. And hopefully division rivalry eliminates them

Fournier has fire

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Phoenix worries me but I hope Simmons is a good enough piece to push us over the top. And hopefully division rivalry eliminates them

What pieces do they have to offer? I keep forgetting Simmons is on our team. Does he really have that much value around the league?? I wouldn't have thought based on last year's play. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

agreed. Depending on who gets our trade stuff, I hope Pop's familiarity with Simmons wins out. Or whoever is getting Vuc, they see his more favorably than Tyson Chandler.

Basically, it's Tyson Chandler & Jared Dudley's expirings 

vs.

Vuc, Ross, and Simmons' expirings (team option on Simmons)

Maybe it comes down to who offer best pick and, like you said, same division works against them?

This 3-way trade between LA / SA / ORL seems to be picking up traction. No other 3rd team is even in the realm. 

Here's the real hinge-point question: Does Magic upper management (I'm looking at DeVos / Martins) want to deal with the potential head-ache of the Ball family? 

I say no. 

Therefore, I think this deal is dead in the water unless management isn't who I think they are (prefers squeaky clean players, few external issues, etc.). 

8 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Poor cavs.

11 years with arguably the best player of all time: 1 title and 2 divorces. 

1 minute ago, TreyMachine said:

This 3-way trade between LA / SA / ORL seems to be picking up traction. No other 3rd team is even in the realm. 

Here's the real hinge-point question: Does Magic upper management (I'm looking at DeVos / Martins) want to deal with the potential head-ache of the Ball family? 

I say no. 

Therefore, I think this deal is dead in the water unless management isn't who I think they are (prefers squeaky clean players, few external issues, etc.). 

when you say picking up traction, do you mean in the media or among fans and message board users? 

13 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

when you say picking up traction, do you mean in the media or among fans and message board users? 

Message boards.