magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So TR is a RFA next summer? I thought it was two years out? It will be very difficult for Boston to match with all the big contracts

Yep, Rozier is an RFA next year when Irving is a potential UFA. I see Ainge moving Rozier by the deadline IF he can get Kyrie to sign an extension.

10 minutes ago, magicblue said:

So TR is a RFA next summer? I thought it was two years out? We need to find a way to get him. He's the perfect PG for this team with his defense and emerging shooting/offense

How sure are we that he's good? His numbers kind of fell back down to earth in that Cleveland series

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

51 if you include Fournier. With Isaac, Bamba and Ball still on their rookie deals and nobody outside of AG (probably) signed to big money past that. That’s why I think we move Ross and Vuc expirings now and don’t mind taking on Deng. Also looking for any FA we sign this summer to be 1 or 2 year deals. Then, the summer of 2020 will be real fun! Core of Ball/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba and a ton of cap space to attract multiple big money FAs.

51 with Evan WOW.. interesting scenario definitely. Guess we shall see what happens.

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

51 if you include Fournier. With Isaac, Bamba and Ball still on their rookie deals and nobody outside of AG (probably) signed to big money past that. That’s why I think we move Ross and Vuc expirings now and don’t mind taking on Deng. Also looking for any FA we sign this summer to be 1 or 2 year deals. Then, the summer of 2020 will be real fun! Core of Ball/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba and a ton of cap space to attract multiple big money FAs.

Fournier has a player option that summer. DJ comes off the books though. Unfortunately, the FA crop that summer is subpar; 2021 is better (headlined by Giannis and Oladipo). 

Yes money is great, and everyone will have it, but we REALLY need to show that we can be competitive to enter the discussion with anyone significant. We've got 2 years to show promise and growth. 

32 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Then go all in for Terry Rozier that summer

That summer I believe there could be bigger fish to fry.. IF my memory is correct or 2021

1 minute ago, Nyce_1 said:

Fournier has a player option that summer. DJ comes off the books though. Unfortunately, the FA crop that summer is subpar; 2021 is better (headlined by Giannis and Oladipo). 

Yes money is great, and everyone will have it, but we REALLY need to show that we can be competitive to enter the discussion with anyone significant. We've got 2 years to show promise and growth. 

We will definitely show growth by then I'm 100 percent sure of that. 2021 is a very good free agency

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

If we have lonzo, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba and they all pan out we won't have money anyway. 

Ideally they all pan out for us. Would be GREAT

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We will definitely show growth by then I'm 100 percent sure of that. 2021 is a very good free agency

no sure thing in this league. 

Ball/Fournier/AG/Isaac/Bamba is a good core. Not perfect but it's got serious potential. 

28 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

no sure thing in this league. 

Ball/Fournier/AG/Isaac/Bamba is a good core. Not perfect but it's got serious potential. 

Ball is on the team? 

Ranking all the point guards we've talked about (even the unlikely ones) my preference is probably

Kemba

Bledsoe

McCollum

Fultz

Lonzo

Brogdon

Dragic

Delon wright

Rozier (the player)

Teague

Fred VanVleet

Marcus smart

Tyus Jones

Exum

Dinwiddie

Shabazz

Satoransky

The combination of a couple vets on cheap one year deals to provide enough stability as a unit with Augustin until we find a better opportunity at the trade deadline or next summer

Rozier (based on the cost to actually get him from Boston)

One of the Chicago point guards that isn't Dunn

Isaiah Thomas

Schroder