magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I think Thomas makes sense on a short term, reasonably priced contract if our docs approve his medical records.  We need a crafty veteran scorer at guard to take pressure off of our very young bigs so that they can learn at their own pace and not face unreasonable expectations to carry the scoring load.  Thomas can do that if healthy and on a 1 + 1 deal he is going to have something to prove without a lot of risk to us.  If he shows something he could be a great trade asset or we just keep him since it is short term.  I would rather do something like this than get wrapped up in a four year deal with someone that is not a long term answer.  That is the type of contract the young options like FVV will be looking for.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm concerned Grant is a potential AG replacement. 

He’s not. He’s a Mario replacement. AG isn’t going anywhere

38 minutes ago, magicblue said:

He’s not. He’s a Mario replacement. AG isn’t going anywhere

Hope so. Shame we have to lose Mario either to be fair.

The idea of Lonzo and Deng contract is half appealing. Wouldn't that be 35+ mil coming off the books in 2020 with him and biz?

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

The idea of Lonzo and Deng contract is half appealing. Wouldn't that be 35+ mil coming off the books in 2020 with him and biz?

Then go all in for Terry Rozier that summer

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

51 if you include Fournier. With Isaac, Bamba and Ball still on their rookie deals and nobody outside of AG (probably) signed to big money past that. That’s why I think we move Ross and Vuc expirings now and don’t mind taking on Deng. Also looking for any FA we sign this summer to be 1 or 2 year deals. Then, the summer of 2020 will be real fun! Core of Ball/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba and a ton of cap space to attract multiple big money FAs.

6 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Then go all in for Terry Rozier that summer

Not the right timeline, unless you think Terry’s gonna settle for his Qualifying Offer or take a 1 year deal in RFA next year. We’d be set up with a boatload of cap space the summer after next

So TR is a RFA next summer? I thought it was two years out? We need to find a way to get him. He's the perfect PG for this team with his defense and emerging shooting/offense

So Thad Young decided not to opt out of his contract for the Pacers, which lowers the chance they throw money at Gordon. It doesn't eliminate it, but makes PF a less needed position for them to fill. Their two biggest spots to fill are probably SF and PG.