magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. We aren't taking about that. We're taking about the lower number

that is what aaron is asking for from the magic. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The max we could possibly offer him is  5/146.5. the most another team could offer him is 4 years 108.56

So we probably end up around 115-120 at the most. 

1 minute ago, LaVar said:

that is what aaron is asking for from the magic. 

When we say we'll match a max offer were talking about the 4/108. 

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So we probably end up around 115-120 at the most. 

No. We won't exceed what he can get on the market unless we jump to 5 years. 

But I fully anticipate as money dries up we'll end up in the 4/92-4/96 realm which is basically the same thing as those 4/84 contracts from two years ago. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. We won't exceed what he can get on the market unless we jump to 5 years. 

But I fully anticipate as money dries up we'll end up in the 4/92-4/96 realm which is basically the same thing as those 4/84 contracts from two years ago. 

So you don't forsee a team offering 4/108? I figured a team will offer that and we exceed it a bit to show we care. Not smart business wise but as far as good faith it makes sense. 

I firmly believe once Lebron stays in Cle one more year teams will get desperate and offer guys like Gordon the most they can. 

We should also lock him for 5 just because he will be like 27 and still tradable no matter what. 

8 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

So you don't forsee a team offering 4/108? I figured a team will offer that and we exceed it a bit to show we care. Not smart business wise but as far as good faith it makes sense. 

I firmly believe once Lebron stays in Cle one more year teams will get desperate and offer guys like Gordon the most they can. 

We should also lock him for 5 just because he will be like 27 and still tradable no matter what. 

I'm not seeing a team to offer him that. I think someone goes 4/90.3 which is first year 21 million with max increases. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not seeing a team to offer him that. I think someone goes 4/90.3 which is first year 21 million with max increases. 

Only makes sense to do 4 years with a team option for the 5th year if he gets that right?

Keith Smith was on Orl radio and he said he's hearing that some around the league think we may give IT a 1 year deal. Maybe a 1+1. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Keith Smith was on Orl radio and he said he's hearing that some around the league think we may give IT a 1 year deal. Maybe a 1+1. 

I was just on NBA.com looking at free agents and I saw IT.  Why not other than injury?  The contract would be a prove it like suggested.  Offensive spark.  Decent APG average.  

58 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Noooo!!!