magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think an offer of Fournier and Mozgov with 1 or 2 first round picks for Dieng and Butler should be more than enough. They will switch Dieng 2 years for Mozgov 1 year . They will get a young contract friendly start caliber player in Fournier and an additional 1 or 2 first rounders. 

We will be in a position to likely sign another max player if we somehow trade simmons or Augustin in another deal. 

We'd need to trade Simmons and Augustin in another deal

Minnesota really screwed up when they gave Wiggins the max contract.

There have been some reports that Andrew Wiggins’ lack of heart was one of the main reasons why Jimmy Butler requested a trade away from the Minnesota Timberwolves. A new advanced statistic has recently been unearthed that appears to support this theory about the young Wolves forward.

Zach Lowe of ESPN pointed out a very specific piece of statistical information pertaining to Wiggins’ lack of sprinting or fast running during ballgames.

Motion-tracking cameras recorded Wiggins “running fast” during only 4.8 percent of his time on the floor, one of the 10 lowest such figures in the league, per Second Spectrum. (Almost everyone in his slowpoke vicinity is a plodding 7-footer.) He has shown no aptitude on pull-up 3s, or on any sort of 3-pointer outside the corners — and he doesn’t shoot enough from the corners. Nobody guards him away from the ball.

The message Lowe is trying to send here is that Wiggins’ style of play appears to be too laid back. He very seldomly sprints while on the playing court (roughly just 1.7 minutes out of his career average of 36.2 mpg), which may be interpreted as a lack of fervor or hunger to win.

Some might argue that we’re jumping to conclusions here by misinterpreting nothing more than an unconventional approach to the game. However, given that he ranks at the lowest 10 percent of the league — along with 7-footers — makes this fact rather appalling.

At just 23 years of age, Wiggins still has more than enough time to make the necessary improvements in his game. However, while most of the technical aspects of basketball can be learned, instilling passion and heart is something that is much more complicated.

https://clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-tracking-cameras-rank-andrew-wiggins-low-in-running-fast-on-court/

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Honestly, I think the problem is between Butler and Wiggins. Minnesota might consider trading both. 

No. The problem is between towns and Butler too

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Didn’t the same thing happen in Chicago with JB? He doesn’t play nice with youth.

Butler was homeless at 13. He wasn't really considered in recruiting so he had to go to a junior college. He worked his way onto Marquette. He then worked his way into the starting lineup. Then he worked his way into the first round his senior year. Then he worked his way from out of the rotation to in the rotation to starter to star. 

I think he gets offended when people don't live up to the same standards he sets for himself. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Didn’t the same thing happen in Chicago with JB? He doesn’t play nice with youth.

He sounds like a jackass. I don't want him on the Magic. He's not worth it IMO.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Butler was homeless at 13. He wasn't really considered in recruiting so he had to go to a junior college. He worked his way onto Marquette. He then worked his way into the starting lineup. Then he worked his way into the first round his senior year. Then he worked his way from out of the rotation to in the rotation to starter to star. 

I think he gets offended when people don't live up to the same standards he sets for himself. 

Well he's an idiot then. People are different. If he hasn't learned that by now he's a fool no matter what he's been through.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That would not be a problem in Orlando with AG and Company. Maybe he would finally run Vooch out of town.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

That would not be a problem in Orlando with AG and Company. Maybe he would finally run Vooch out of town.

Exactly. I think he'd be great next to AG or even Oladipo in Indiana. Most teams in the East should be going all in for Jimmy

If the stuff about KAT’s gf is true not sure it would help team morale... but if it’s nit true then obvs would love to have him as long as Bamba, Issac and Gordon are not involved in the trade. (Apparently Thibs only wants vets in return so this should help)