magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If not trading for Butler this is a decent chance to interject ourselves into moves to come away with a point guard. 

This is best case scenario for me only because I just don't see us really trying to get Butler. If we can attach ourselves as a third team in the trade and get something nice while dumping Vuc and or Fournier, I'm all for it. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Thibs is delusional

Exactly and in reading what Butler is saying I tend to like your thought about us being the third team and getting a piece that will help us preferably a young PG..  Butler has the advantage and leverage and if he is intent on leaving, as he says, at the end of the year, Minny will have to trade him.  Appears he wants to go the Clippers.  Fournier may be the best and perfect replacement and we hold that card.  Great drama right before the preseason.  Hope we are in the talks.

53 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Exactly and in reading what Butler is saying I tend to like your thought about us being the third team and getting a piece that will help us preferably a young PG..  Butler has the advantage and leverage and if he is intent on leaving, as he says, at the end of the year, Minny will have to trade him.  Appears he wants to go the Clippers.  Fournier may be the best and perfect replacement and we hold that card.  Great drama right before the preseason.  Hope we are in the talks.

I mean if the only consideration was Butler wanting to leave their best bet is waiting until December. 

But this situation is so toxic you need to get Butler out of there before media day.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Meanwhile, Lowe just released a scathing article about Wiggins. This is cray cray.

It's shocking how little he's improved with the level of talent he has

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's shocking how little he's improved with the level of talent he has

Maybe they try to move him. It’ll be difficult with that contract. 

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe they try to move him. It’ll be difficult with that contract. 

Yeah I can't imagine it's possible. I've entertained it several times but it's really hard to stomach 5 years of cap hit with him. You have to pay this years rookies before he expires. 

Two years from now the calculus will be different but now he's untradable. 

Ok.  So from what I've read, Jimmy Butler has some womanizing problems.  I've also heard that he had an altercation with Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union.  Most of all, he slept with Karl Towns girlfriend.  I don't think he respects boundaries like with Paul George and Roy Hibbert early on.  There was also Jason Richardson and Steve Nash.  

I"m going to have to red flag this one because he could pose an internal problem.  Before going to the Twolves, the bulls fans thought of him as such themselves.  There lies a heavy contradiction in what Jimmy want to augment in his teammates.  Jimmy must check himself.  https://fadeawayworld.net/2018/09/20/report-jimmy-butler-may-have-cheated-with-karl-anthony-towns-girlfriend/

Ok so apparently I didn't have a good read on the Minnesota situation and they do want to unload dieng in the deal. 

But this is interesting from Zach Lowe