magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

If Brooklyn makes a Butler trade I'd try to see if we could flip Simmons for Russell in the deal (with Simmons going to Minnesota)

If the clippers make a Butler trade I'd try to flip Simmons for SGA. 

If Minnesota prefers the young point guards I'd try to flip Fournier for Teague

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier, Simmons, a top 8 protected first, and the OKC pick for Butler and Tyus Jones is worth the gamble

That would be amazing, but Vuc would have to be moved in a Butler deal. If he thought Towns was soft imagine what he'd think of Vuc

5 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

If we want Butler we have to take back Dieng. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y85hb84m

Worst case: Butler leaves after this season and we stay with Dieng instate of Fournier and maybe lost some draftpicks. I would take that risk! 

Rubio/Grant

Butler /Simmons

Isaac/Simmons/Sefolosha

Gordon/Isaac/Dieng

Bamba/Dieng/Birch

Minnesota likes dieng. He wouldn't be in a trade

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Minnesota likes dieng. He wouldn't be in a trade

I am sure they don‘t like his contract. Over 15m for 17 minutes, 6 pts and 4.5 reb.

• Like 1

we're not in any position to add Butler. Adding Butler at this time wouldn't do much, either. He requested a trade to three teams not named the Magic. If the Wolves are cool with Fournier and a highly, highly protected first that becomes 2nd rounders like 3 years from now, OK. Otherwise I'll take my chances next offseason.

11 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

we're not in any position to add Butler. Adding Butler at this time wouldn't do much, either. He requested a trade to three teams not named the Magic. If the Wolves are cool with Fournier and a highly, highly protected first that becomes 2nd rounders like 3 years from now, OK. Otherwise I'll take my chances next offseason.

I disagree. Consider Paul George and okc. Losing a pick is worth the opportunity to woo Butler. If he leaves, fine. You tried. If it's going terribly you still have the option to dump him at the trade deadline.

Fournier isn't a long term fit and makes a significant amount of money. Simmons just turned 29. 

If all we get is some playoff minutes for the young guys and clear 18 million in cap space for next summer where we could go after a point guard and a wing that fits our philosophy then that's worth the pick. 

35 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I disagree. Consider Paul George and okc. Losing a pick is worth the opportunity to woo Butler. If he leaves, fine. You tried. If it's going terribly you still have the option to dump him at the trade deadline.

Fournier isn't a long term fit and makes a significant amount of money. Simmons just turned 29. 

If all we get is some playoff minutes for the young guys and clear 18 million in cap space for next summer where we could go after a point guard and a wing that fits our philosophy then that's worth the pick. 

Is he worth the 5 year/190 million that he’s wanting? In my book, no. Not sure how that factors in.

Honestly, it is not about the money anymore. It is all about been relevant. We have been irrelevant for years. If we, somehow, get Butler  and make a deep run in the playoffs then, there will be a likely minute possibility he resign. With Butler, we will be a top 4 team in the east in my opinion. 

We can also attempt to make further moves in the season/offseason to go after Kyrie if they really want to play together. The chances are low but it is a possibility nevertheless. We need to start taking risks and let players know that Orlando is and will be a good destination to play for.