magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

14 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So is Trevor Ariza, Josh Jackson, and TJ Warren

What is really bizarre, is that on their roster, Jackson is listed as a SG; and on their depth chart (prior to the trade) he was listed as their starting PF. Just gotta love ESPN's team sites. 

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think Warren will be moved for a PG 

I don't think so. Warren and stuff for a pg runs into the same problems as Fournier and stuff for a pg

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think Warren will be moved for a PG 

I see him being traded, too. Reading between the lines with their new system, they want to go fast and spread the floor. Meanwhile, his outside shot is awful. Otherwise, why sign Trevor?

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So is Trevor Ariza, Josh Jackson, and TJ Warren

Sure, but all those players were there before the trade. Maybe I misunderstood your post and your statement in regards of Bridges playing time had nothing to do with the trade. But the trade dont change things. 

I didnt get the Ariza signing but I do expect more trades coming. I don't see them keeping all those SF’s in the roster.  

5 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure, but all those players were there before the trade. Maybe I misunderstood your post and your statement in regards of Bridges playing time had nothing to do with the trade. But the trade dont change things. 

I didnt get the Ariza signing but I do expect more trades coming. I don't see them keeping all those SF’s in the roster.  

Ok think of it this way. Every rotation player is expected to get a set number of minutes and they have only a few different wells to draw minutes from. So prior to the trade you could give Ariza his 32-35 minutes all from the power forward position and stick Chriss with the backup minutes as the defacto 10th man. 

Now Ryan Anderson should get at least 20 mpg as he's a solid player. He'll be further up in the rotation. That means Ariza needs to draw more minutes from the small forward position which means Warren, Jackson, and Bridges have a smaller well to draw from. That might be 5 fewer mpg but 5 minutes is significant over the course of a season

I found this interesting there's an article that says we're lacking a veteran leader since Afflalo and Speights are gone, and I feel like last yr Afflalo did help mentor Issac he rookie season. Maybe DJ takes the veteran role this year?

2 hours ago, J-Mac said:

I found this interesting there's an article that says we're lacking a veteran leader since Afflalo and Speights are gone, and I feel like last yr Afflalo did help mentor Issac he rookie season. Maybe DJ takes the veteran role this year?

I guess he's the oldest person on the team now, so maybe. Looking at everyone's age I just realized I'm older than everyone on the team (I guess I was last season too, but I didn't notice).

10 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Don’t worry, we’ve got Vuch to inspire them.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1