magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

59 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Ok. That was beautiful footwork.  Its the same standard I'd hold to our Magic players.  Do it in the league and improve.  Become elite.  Easier said than done as it takes about 4 years to truly master techniques.  

The dude just came out of high school. 

5 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Ok. That was beautiful footwork.  Its the same standard I'd hold to our Magic players.  Do it in the league and improve.  Become elite.  Easier said than done as it takes about 4 years to truly master techniques.  

the fact thats considered beautiful footwork is absurd and shows how far we have fallen from the days of KG Timmy D Kobe T-Mac etc. 

17 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dam! He is fantastic right now!  Future? Who knows. If you are indifferent about this guy then u need to check your pulse. 

Meh. 

9 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

I just watched all of Zion’s points, dude is a rip roaring BEAST. No doubt. Plays bigger than he is and is strong — if he adds that 3 watch out. 

The guy is a monster and strong as a bull. Regardless of how his game improves that is one thing we do not have is a big strong player like him that plays very aggressively. How is his defense?

8 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

the fact thats considered beautiful footwork is absurd and shows how far we have fallen from the days of KG Timmy D Kobe T-Mac etc. 

I mean..the move really looked smooth as well as the dunk.  The motion in that move was majestically fluid.  Though, I do believe that hop step looked like a travel.  What is the definition of traveling with how LeBron -James- Harden has stretched the book.    Those 4 were masters of variation in technique.  T-Mac's triple threat was scary. Kobe's post up turn around was scary.  All of Tim Duncan's posts moves and hooks looks astonishing.  KG's 2 overall two point game was elite. 

Those guys were superstars in the league and known for being respectably at each others level.  Now.......well............you can reference my old posts.  

13 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The dude just came out of high school. 

Players come in the NBA ready from high school.  There's one in particular that is mentioned all the time.  :shard:  

If you're implying that I expect immediate results from him, I'm not.  As I said, its half a decade to master the simple techniques. 

This kid 285 pounds.  Mostly bone density from what I've read. Its all in his DNA to be that heavy and that huge at 6"6.  How will his weight hinder him from becoming great in the league?  Will he even be drafted?  If drafted, what will be his identity and role after his acquisition?  Events need to unfold for these to be answered without reasonable doubt.  

10 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Will he even be drafted? 

This isn't even a question. Unless he commits a major felony or has a huge injury between now and next draft he's going lottery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

This isn't even a question. Unless he commits a major felony or has a huge injury between now and next draft he's going lottery.

Even if those things happened he'd be in the lottery haha

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Well that's what I was saying.  I'm trying to write less and hope you all extend your imagination with the types of thoughts you just mentioned.  No one knows anyone's fate.  Nothing is promised.