magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

I hope Frazier can become prime Pippen because why not? Don't want to put a ceiling on him.

42 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Let’s tank again!!! #cryinforzion

that kid is ridiculous!

Ehh.. not worth it. He is big Baby Davis in the making. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He looks good until you realize that he is another tweener who probably can't play the 4 in the NBA - at 6''6" he's just gonna give up too much size, and he doesn't have the outside game to compensate. I think he's going to be a better college player than he will be a pro. But we'll know better when March rolls around. Duke looks crazy talented again this year, with three freshman projected to be top 10 in the draft. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ehh.. not worth it. He is big Baby Davis in the making. 

What about any of these athletic highlights makes you think Glen Davis?!

Zion cleared the vert rack! Glen could barely dunk

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

What about any of these athletic highlights makes you think Glen Davis?!

Zion cleared the vert rack! Glen could barely dunk

Dont get me wrong. The kid is really good but still very Young. However, he has a very big frame body. He is heavy and his body will give in eventually. One injury or a bad summer he can easely be in the 300 pounds.  Hence, he can end up a Glen Davis comment. 

But my comment was more toward the lets tank foe another year to get this kid statement. 

I'm not really worried about his weight impact on his game. 

I am worried about his weight impact on his legs. Knees weren't meant to send 280 lbs 40 inches into the air a dozen times a night 82 nights a year for 10 years. 

• Upvote 1

The 285 pounds on a 6’7’’ body is not good for this sport. That constant jumping, twisting and running is not going to hold. At least not in the NBA. 

He is only 18 but That level of intensity and athleticism will not last more than 5-6 years in my opinion. I dont want to sound like a hater but All it takes is one foot, ankle, knee, back or hip injury and he can en up playing a Glen Davis role in the NBA instead. 

I like my current PF core of Gordon and Isaac. No reason to even considering tanking for this guy. 

• Upvote 1

The 285 pounds on a 6’7’’ body is not good for this sport. That constant jumping, twisting and running is not going to hold. At least not in the NBA. 

He is only 18 but That level of intensity and athleticism will not last more than 5-6 years in my opinion. I dont want to sound like a hater but All it takes is one foot, ankle, knee, back or hip injury and he can en up playing a Glen Davis role in the NBA instead. 

I like my current PF core of Gordon and Isaac. No reason to even considering tanking for this guy.