magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah there's no way Boston is getting 5 guys. They might get 4 but no way will they get 5. 

Assuming health

Kyrie horford embiid Simmons Kawhi Lowry oladipo giannis kemba wall Beal are locks

The 12th spot will go to whatever team is having a really good start to the year. 

Does Kemba get in again if Charlotte is struggling to get a playoff spot again?

I just hope we can turn Isaac into Kevin Durant.  That's all I got today.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

Does Kemba get in again if Charlotte is struggling to get a playoff spot again?

Probably by name recognition. Assuming a player isn't scoring more on a better team with no other all-stars

Like if (Gordon or Zach lavine or Russell or Trae Young or Kevin love) scores more than kemba on a team with more wins he might get squeezed out but it's not likely as long as he scores more than 20ppg to get the basic stat guys on his side and has a crazy plus minus like last year where he was a +10 to get the advanced stat guys on his side then I think he'll make it. 

14 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

I just hope we can turn Isaac into Kevin Durant.  That's all I got today.  

I hope someone will give me 250 million dollars. 

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Probably by name recognition. Assuming a player isn't scoring more on a better team with no other all-stars

Like if (Gordon or Zach lavine or Russell or Trae Young or Kevin love) scores more than kemba on a team with more wins he might get squeezed out but it's not likely as long as he scores more than 20ppg to get the basic stat guys on his side and has a crazy plus minus like last year where he was a +10 to get the advanced stat guys on his side then I think he'll make it. 

I just don't see them putting in a guy from a sub- .500 team two years in a row.

5 hours ago, Odin said:

I just don't see them putting in a guy from a sub- .500 team two years in a row.

I think it depends on how many teams are above .500 by the time selections happen.

16 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I hope someone will give me 250 million dollars. 

At this point, we should all hold onto some varied chimera.  Though rationalism points to a grounded reality to lowered expectations, I'd like to keep my spirits high for these  youngsters.  I'm worn out from complaining and the tank has been a half a decade long with no light.  I'll make some imaginative unrealistic light of my own if its not feasible in reality.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

At this point, we should all hold onto some varied chimera.  Though rationalism points to a grounded reality to lowered expectations, I'd like to keep my spirits high for these  youngsters.  I'm worn out from complaining and the tank has been a half a decade long with no light.  I'll make some imaginative unrealistic light of my own if its not feasible in reality.    

Trippy ^

23 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Issac is never going to be Durant or even a third tier version of Durant. Andre Kirilenko or Tayshaun Prince is more likely