magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

6 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Your Lebrun fandom has no limits. Lmfao 

I'm not biased, I simply enjoy great basketball players and great pizza.

https://clutchpoints.com/magic-news-aaron-gordon-emulate-championship-culture-warriors-draymond-green/

“Grind Week” has been a customary part of Golden State Warriors star Draymond Green’s offseason, as he and other NBA stars like Aaron Gordon, Robert Covington, Denzel Valentine, Brandon Rush, Beno Udrih, Noah Vonleh, Ian Clark, and Mario Chalmers, among others, compete in workout sessions and high-level pickup games, which could be a rarity in the offseason.

Gordon, who is fresh off sealing a long-term deal with the Orlando Magic as their franchise player, noted there are things to emulate from a player like Green, who has championship pedigree.

The 6-foot-9 high-flying forward participated in Grind Week for the first time, quickly seeing the benefits of it.

“Draymond is a champion,” Gordon said, according to Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated. “He’s been around championship culture. I wanted to see what it was like to be around somebody that has rings. It’s high-level basketball here. A lot of pros are here.”

Others, like Covington of the Philadelphia 76ers, come for the sake of some good hoops action, looking to keep himself in shape.

“I needed some good runs and to have a good time,” said Covington. “This is what this is about. I am glad I came out.”

Gordon will have a much larger task in his hands after a breakout season, now having to live up to his four-year, $80 million deal with the Magic and show why he was deserving of that money. If it all goes right, some of that championship mettle might just rub on the 22-year-old.

• Like 1

It's funny how a couple people disliked my last post. Probably the same people that wanted the trade to happen a couple of seasons ago and now realize they were wrong.

• Downvote 2