magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

17 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Now here you go! I can't believe what  I am reading! Okay, so I'm not responding to posts the way you and some others want me to. Do you honestly think I am going to conform to the way you and some others want me to in order to avoid the down votes? It sounds like a dictatorship to me.

You obviously don't know me. You can give me all of the down votes you want, but it should be obvious to you that TMF will continue to say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it, give me all the down votes you want.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I AM READING!!!

Well, that is definitely an interesting way to read my post. I've never down voted you to my recollection (I prefer to put my disagreements in writing, as I think that is a more honest and productive way of interacting with people), and I would like to think that I am generally reasonable when conversing on the board, even if I vehemently disagree with the other person. If you want to keep playing the victim, be my guest- I was just trying to pass on some possible wisdom, but what would old Odin know about that.

But, at the same time, don't be surprised if people react poorly when you act dismissive or downplay someone's good works.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

^^^This. I had not been on the TBN message boards for several weeks. Then on yesterday, Monday, I decided to check in to see if there was any news related to the Magic. I clicked on this thread, and what did I see? . .a member of this forum had quoted me from comments I made about LeBron 3 MONTHS AGO(April, 2018). It was ML6 who brought the subject up quoting me not once, but twice.

But No, I was the one to get down voted several times for answering back.

If this is not cyber bullying, I don't know what else to call it.

Carry On!!!

Image result for maxine i keep hitting escape

Men, you are worrying too much with down votes here. Who cares? 

Whatch how many down vote I get for talking negatively about it. 

Lol. Is ok! 

1 minute ago, Odin said:

Well, that is definitely an interesting way to read my post. I've never down voted you to my recollection (I prefer to put my disagreements in writing, as I think that is a more honest and productive way of interacting with people), and I would like to think that I am generally reasonable when conversing on the board, even if I vehemently disagree with the other person. If you want to keep playing the victim, be my guest- I was just trying to pass on some possible wisdom, but what would old Odin know about that.

But, at the same time, don't be surprised if people react poorly when you act dismissive or downplay someone's good works.

Thanks for the warning, Odin. . . But it's okay. . .it's okay. Don't worry about me, I can handle myself because I've been down that road before in all my years of being on this earth. I have fought many battles of which people want(ed) to control what I say and how I say it. This is life.

Trust me my dear friend.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

ML6, why didn't you down vote MagicBucc? Although I don't think he deserves one.

I haven't been down voting anyone.  Sorry to disappoint you.

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

If this is not cyber bullying, I don't know what else to call it.

TIL you can cyber bully someone by quoting their own words.  If you find it offensive that I remembered your Steve Harvey opinion several months later, maybe don't post your demonstrably absurd beliefs on a public forum?  You can and should be held accountable for the things you say.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

had anyone eaten at Blaze, LebRons pizza joint?

Ate there once a week ago, it was great, best bbq pizza I’ve ever had. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, King Close said:

Ate there once a week ago, it was great, best bbq pizza I’ve ever had. 

My wife loves that place but I've never been

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ML6 said:

I haven't been down voting anyone.  Sorry to disappoint you.

TIL you can cyber bully someone by quoting their own words.  If you find it offensive that I remembered your Steve Harvey opinion several months later, maybe don't post your demonstrably absurd beliefs on a public forum?  You can and should be held accountable for the things you say.

It seems like "You can't handle the truth"!!!  It hurts doesn't it? Keep talking sweetie!

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Now here you go! I can't believe what  I am reading! Okay, so I'm not responding to posts the way you and some others want me to. Do you honestly think I am going to conform to the way you and some others want me to in order to avoid the down votes? It sounds like a dictatorship to me.

You obviously don't know me. You can give me all of the down votes you want, but it should be obvious to you that TMF will continue to say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it, give me all the down votes you want.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I AM READING!!!

Ive been down voted for being too cool for school on here, dont let anyone get you down for having a different perspective. Regardless of whos right oe wrong, its best to hear from people who have walked in shoes we have not to better understand the outcries in our society as a whole.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

My wife loves that place but I've never been

Ill assume that since shes your wife she has great taste.  Im gonna try it out for sure.

• Downvote 3

5 hours ago, MagicBucc said:

I really think what LeBron did was a great thing  and is worth mentioning.  I know we are in a slow part for basketball, I just wanted to vent to fellow Magic fans that I'm tired of hearing about him.

we hear about him so often because hes SO GREAT.

LEGOAT JAMES!

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Odin said:

I don't want to seem mean here, but have you ever looked at how you present yourself on the board, rather than immediately jumping to a having victim persecution complex? Have you thought of why these posts are getting down-votes or negative reactions to them? Is it just that people on the board are mean and bullies, or maybe something else?

I am not necessarily saying that all of the comments responding to your posts are worth paying attention to. At the end of the day, it is your choice on what you pay attention to and what you take from everything. But maybe take a moment and try to learn from what other people may be trying to tell you. Not everyone is out to get you.

Now maybe ML6 was a little overboard with his post, but people give each other crap on this board all of the time. You can either take it with a sense of humor or react negatively to it. But what was your reaction? To not only take the post personally, but to also react negatively and dismissively to what Lebron is doing, when he really seems to be trying to do something good for his community- and to do something I think most of us respect- to do something for struggling and under-served children.

I tried this weeks ago with TMF. It's not going to work. Sees every bit of constructive criticism as a personal attack. Massive persecution complex.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1