magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

BTW: I wonder if the teachers who work at LeBron's school will see the benefits of LeBron's millions in their paycheck.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Those teachers might not even have a job if LeBron didn't build the school. He's under no obligation to pay them more just because he can afford to. He earned his millions for him and his family with hard work and the fact that people try and trivialize his charitability because it's not enough in there minds is baffling to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

WHAT ABOUT THE TEACHERS????????

I find it amazing that some of you people are giving all this praise to LeBron James for having a school built for 4th and 5th graders which will serve only a small population of students in Akron, Ohio. But not once have I seen a post thanking the hundreds of thousands of teachers in this country who spend countless hours in the classroom and outside the classroom, working toward the betterment of our young people.

Teachers salaries are a drop in the bucket compared to what LeBron earns--and might I add, many of them have to work a second job to make ends meet--and yet many of them (including myself) use their pay to purchase supplies (outside of a budget) to pay for materials to use in the classroom. Many teachers work after hours, on weekends, and during the summer, attending workshops (and don't receive overtime pay) to enhance the  knowledge of the subject matter in which they teach in order to bring their students up to speed and be able to use what they have learned in life. I remember a female teacher where I worked rode a bicycle to school every day because she could not afford a car. She also rode that bicycle to a part-time job after school.

Teachers have to deal with more than learning styles, but also attitudes and poor behavior.

I know! As I have mentioned before, I am a retired teacher.

BTW: I wonder if the teachers who work at LeBron's school will see the benefits of LeBron's millions in their paycheck.

Not a fan of LeBron, but I praise him for trying to make a difference. 

To suggest that his teachers should get paid more than the going rate is absolutely absurd and lacking in wisdom on how a capitalistic system works.

And to throw an otherwise altruistic move on the part of a superstar under the bus gives credence to the saying:

”Those that can’t are always the first to throw shade.”

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/31/17635276/deandre-ayton-suns-rookie-curve

Man, I can't help but feel that this Tjarks article is dumb. While I agree that Ayton will need to be a good defender, the idea that he would need to accept a Capela-esque role for the betterment of the team seems a bit ridiculous, especially if you consider how dominant he was offensively in college. His TS% in college was 65%(!). Of the major players (ignoring Chandler) on the Suns, Booker has the highest TS% at 56%. Warren was at 54%, Jackson was at 48%, and Brandon Knight (who I don't think is a major piece going forward for them, but who Tjarks gives as another example of a player with a high usage rate that needs the ball in his hands) has a career TS% of 52%.

The argument that these guys all have high usage rates, so Ayton should defer to them is absurd. Especially with Jackson and Knight, who are inefficient offensive players. If anything, Ayton showed in college that he should be able to handle a high offensive load while remaining efficient and the other players should defer to him. He just needs to bring it on the defensive end as well.

It"s funny that I have been avoiding sports shows so I wont have to hear about  LeBron. I come to the only  place that mentions my favorite basketball team to see pages about LeBron.   The only reason I don't care much about him is the overexposure of him. Sorry  guys, I just hate how all sports stations think he's only guy in the league.

12 minutes ago, MagicBucc said:

It"s funny that I have been avoiding sports shows so I wont have to hear about  LeBron. I come to the only  place that mentions my favorite basketball team to see pages about LeBron.   The only reason I don't care much about him is the overexposure of him. Sorry  guys, I just hate how all sports stations think he's only guy in the league.

We're in the most uneventful portion of the offseason.  Nothing is happening Magic-related or really NBA-related at this point.  That was the only NBA storyline yesterday and deserves discussion.

1 hour ago, MagicBucc said:

^^^This. I had not been on the TBN message boards for several weeks. Then on yesterday, Monday, I decided to check in to see if there was any news related to the Magic. I clicked on this thread, and what did I see? . .a member of this forum had quoted me from comments I made about LeBron 3 MONTHS AGO(April, 2018). It was ML6 who brought the subject up quoting me not once, but twice.

But No, I was the one to get down voted several times for answering back.

If this is not cyber bullying, I don't know what else to call it.

Carry On!!!

Image result for maxine i keep hitting escape

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

57 minutes ago, ML6 said:

We're in the most uneventful portion of the offseason.  Nothing is happening Magic-related or really NBA-related at this point.  That was the only NBA storyline yesterday and deserves discussion.

ML6, why didn't you down vote MagicBucc? Although I don't think he deserves one.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

^^^This. I had not been on the TBN message boards for several weeks. Then on yesterday, Monday, I decided to check in to see if there was any news related to the Magic. I clicked on this thread, and what did I see? . .a member of this forum had quoted me from comments I made about LeBron 3 MONTHS AGO(April, 2018). It was ML6 who brought the subject up quoting me not once, but twice.

But No, I was the one to get down voted several times for answering back.

If this is not cyber bullying, I don't know what else to call it.

Carry On!!!

I don't want to seem mean here, but have you ever looked at how you present yourself on the board, rather than immediately jumping to a having victim persecution complex? Have you thought of why these posts are getting down-votes or negative reactions to them? Is it just that people on the board are mean and bullies, or maybe something else?

I am not necessarily saying that all of the comments responding to your posts are worth paying attention to. At the end of the day, it is your choice on what you pay attention to and what you take from everything. But maybe take a moment and try to learn from what other people may be trying to tell you. Not everyone is out to get you.

Now maybe ML6 was a little overboard with his post, but people give each other crap on this board all of the time. You can either take it with a sense of humor or react negatively to it. But what was your reaction? To not only take the post personally, but to also react negatively and dismissively to what Lebron is doing, when he really seems to be trying to do something good for his community- and to do something I think most of us respect- to do something for struggling and under-served children.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

had anyone eaten at Blaze, LebRons pizza joint?

Ehh, I have and I didn't think it was really anything to write home about.

23 minutes ago, Odin said:

I don't want to seem mean here, but have you ever looked at how you present yourself on the board, rather than immediately jumping to a having victim persecution complex? Have you thought of why these posts are getting down-votes or negative reactions to them? Is it just that people on the board are mean and bullies, or maybe something else?

I am not necessarily saying that all of the comments responding to your posts are worth paying attention to. At the end of the day, it is your choice on what you pay attention to and what you take from everything. But maybe take a moment and try to learn from what other people may be trying to tell you. Not everyone is out to get you.

Now maybe ML6 was a little overboard with his post, but people give each other crap on this board all of the time. You can either take it with a sense of humor or react negatively to it. But what was your reaction? To not only take the post personally, but to also react negatively and dismissively to what Lebron is doing, when he really seems to be trying to do something good for his community- and to do something I think most of us respect- to do something for struggling and under-served children.

Now here you go! I can't believe what  I am reading! Okay, so I'm not responding to posts the way you and some others want me to. Do you honestly think I am going to conform to the way you and some others want me to in order to avoid the down votes? It sounds like a dictatorship to me.

You obviously don't know me. You can give me all of the down votes you want, but it should be obvious to you that TMF will continue to say what's on my mind, and if you don't like it, give me all the down votes you want.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I AM READING!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I really think what LeBron did was a great thing  and is worth mentioning.  I know we are in a slow part for basketball, I just wanted to vent to fellow Magic fans that I'm tired of hearing about him.