magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I didn’t say it was no big deal. I said it’s what should be expected. If he went beyond this then that would be (amazing). His goal should not be the first billionaire. It should be to benefit society to the point that money shouldn’t be the driving factor. 

This just makes no sense at all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If not then they should be forced to yes legally

I mean technically every person who pays taxes honestly is forced to contribute to the betterment of society. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

This just makes no sense at all

It really doesn't. And as Jay-Z said "I got rich and gave back. To me, that's the win-win"

You can't help others if you don't have any money / power of your own

• Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It really doesn't. And as Jay-Z said "I got rich and gave back. To me, that's the win-win"

Or u could be Jeff. B. 

13 hours ago, ML6 said:

vAvEfZjm_bigger.jpgChris Mannix@ChrisMannixYS

"This shouldn't get overlooked: @KingJames is opening a freaking school. Generations of Akron-area kids are going to have their lives changed. Incredible."

Too bad he's still not setting as good of an example for kids as Steve Harvey.

ML6 reference:

On 4/16/2018 at 12:46 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Oh, P-L-E-A-SE!  I would say that Steve Harvey or Tyler Perry would be more of role models for black kids. LeBron has never been homeless. Both Tyler Perry and Steve Harvey have been HOMELESS and worked their way out of it, including giving and sponsoring organizations to help young people to be successful.

Oh wow! ML6 revisited my post from 3 months ago to make a point that really is not important to be worthy of attention. First of all, news about this new school that LeBron had built surfaced recently. Secondly, the school is for 4th and 5th graders only.

I have not read the specifics, but what we are looking at is a private or charter school. I don't think every 4th and 5th grader in Akron will be attending this school. Even if there are other charter schools in Akron, it will not be enough to serve or give a signicant number of kids the proper education and put them on the right track.

What about the other kids in higher grades who need to get a fire lit under them so that they can be motivated in knowing that no matter what their situation is right now, there is hope. Those upper level students need help NOW. Perhaps, and I say Perhaps, it will not be too late for those kids to think about getting training or skills that would allow them is get a decent job, attend a community college or a technical school to get specialized training for a future career to keep them off the streets.

I don't know if you know anything about Akron, Ohio where LeBron is from. Well I do know that it is like Cleveland, Ohio where I visited a relative who use to live there, and I have seen the poor conditions that a large population of blacks live in. I have seen the schools that these kids attend that are run down.

I'm not saying that LeBron can or should save the world, but we are talking about a school for a small segment of students. As the other kids who are not being served in the city of Akron might say, . . ."WHAT ABOUT US"!?

What About Us
We are searchlights, we can see in the dark
We are rockets, pointed up at the stars
We are billions of beautiful hearts
And you sold us down the river too far
What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?
What about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?
What about us?
What about all the plans that ended in disaster?
What about love? What about trust?
What about us?
We are problems that want to be solved
We are children that need to be loved
We were willin', we came when you called
But, man, you fooled us, enough is enough, oh
What about us?
What about all the times you said you had the answers?
What about us?
What about all the broken happy ever afters?
Oh, what about us?
What about…
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

ML6 reference:

Oh wow! ML6 revisited my post from 3 months ago to make a point that really is not important to be worthy of attention. First of all, news about this new school that LeBron had built surfaced recently. Secondly, the school is for 4th and 5th graders only.

I have not read the specifics, but what we are looking at is a private or charter school. I don't think every 4th and 5th grader in Akron will be attending this school. Even if there are other charter schools in Akron, it will not be enough to serve or give a signicant number of kids the proper education and put them on the right track.

What about the other kids in higher grades who need to get a fire lit under them so that they can be motivated in knowing that no matter what their situation is right now, there is hope. Those upper level students need help NOW. Perhaps, and I say Perhaps, it will not be too late for those kids to think about getting training or skills that would allow them is get a decent job, attend a community college or a technical school to get specialized training for a future career to keep them off the streets.

I don't know if you know anything about Akron, Ohio where LeBron is from. Well I do know that it is like Cleveland, Ohio where I visited a relative who use to live there, and I have seen the poor conditions that a large population of blacks live in. I have seen the schools that these kids attend that are run down.

I'm not saying that LeBron can or should save the world, but we are talking about a school for a small segment of students. As the other kids who are not being served in the city of Akron might say, . . ."WHAT ABOUT US"!?

The fault in your thinking is that if you cant help everyone, its not worth helping anyone. If everyone thought like that, there would be no one helping anyone. You cant help everyone. You do your part, and when everyone will do their part, thats when Magic happens ;).

• Upvote 1

Firemen shouldn't rush in to that burning building. You might only save some of the people instead of all of the people and the relatives of those people you don't save will be upset.

Better just save none of the people in the name of equality. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I have not read the specifics, but what we are looking at is a private or charter school. 

Maybe you should read the specifics.  It's a public school.

An NBA team may have no more than two players on two-way deals, and Jefferson will become Orlando’s second two-way player for the season ahead, joining guard Troy Caupain.  Not including Jefferson and Caupain, the Magic already have 15 players signed to either partially guaranteed or fully guaranteed contracts who figure to make the team’s regular-season roster.

Since 15 players is the maximum for a regular season, it appears that unsigned second-round pick Justin Jackson will not make the team’s regular-season roster. Jackson, who missed most of his 2017-18 college season at Maryland due to a shoulder injury and didn’t play for Orlando’s summer league team, seems likely to spend the upcoming season with Lakeland.

Second round picks selected as high as Jackson have almost been guaranteed to sign NBA contracts in recent years, but Jackson underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in December, which effectively ended his collegiate career and -- though he was cleared to start playing again a couple months before June’s draft -- prevented him from participating in the recent NBA summer leagues.

If the Magic don’t make room for him on the 15-man roster -- which would require signing him to a guaranteed contract since there’s no two-way spots available -- he’d likely begin his professional career with the club’s G-League affiliate, the Lakeland Magic. That would likely be the 21-year-old’s first stop regardless given his health and relative inexperience, but his job security and salary would be limited without an NBA contract. The Magic haven’t shown much commitment to him so far -- acquiring the 6-foot-7 forward and a future second-round pick by allowing the Denver Nuggets to move up two spots to draft Jarred Vanderbilt, who they recently signed a two-year guaranteed deal worth nearly $4 million.

https://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Former-Maryland-Forward-Justin-Jackson-Unlikely-to-Make-Orlando-Magic-Roster-After-Amile-Jefferson-Signing--120210711/

17 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I mean technically we could sign two more players to two way deals and just pick the two we want to keep the day before the preseason. 

19 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's kind of an unreasonable expectation to place on someone. 

And that's why the world is ****

12 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yes you can