magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

15 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Iwundu isn't bad in a vacuum. Iwundu is bad if you put him on the court with even one other non-offensive guy. 

A temporary Augustin-Fournier-iwundu-Gordon-Vuc lineup probably works fine. 

A Grant-Ross-iwundu-Isaac-Bamba lineup is going to play really ugly basketball

Iwundu was a project from  the beginning and played point forward in college.  I always thought we would not see what we really had until year 3 and hoped he could be a facilitator/ creator type player.  My hope is we try continue  to develop him and give him a chance.  Unfortunately our track record to do that is not very good.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:25 PM, HeHateMe said:

We’ll have plenty of “injuries”. I mean idk if it’s just me but it seems like when someone gets a bruise on their leg they miss 10 games. Idk if that’s just the product of “tanking” but it seems like our doctors and FO are overly cautious with injuries and I don’t see that changing especially with Issac and Bamba. 

I think if we are competitive and actually in a playoff race our players, doctors and FO will want the players on the floor.  The minor dings and sprains do not sideline players as much because of what is at stake.  That is the competitive juices flowing. .  Obviously major injuries will stop everyone.   I like our chances if our guys stay relatively healthy

Jefferson lead the G League in rebounds and win shares last season. Be interesting to see if he can crack the roster. Intrigued about what this means for Justin Jackson.

Very quiet here...

Vuc to Raptors in not far off. They want to add another big guy and are hiring someone with the midlevel will cost them too much due to the luxury tax. They have shown interest in Monroe but dont see Monroe signing for the less that midlevel. 

Trading for Vuc is surely a great option to stay away from paying more luxury tax. 

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Very quiet here...

Vuc to Raptors in not far off. They want to add another big guy and are hiring someone with the midlevel will cost them too much due to the luxury tax. They have shown interest in Monroe but dont see Monroe signing for the less that midlevel. 

Trading for Vuc is surely a great option to stay away from paying more luxury tax. 

There isn't really an option to trade for vuc and save money

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

There isn't really an option to trade for vuc and save money

It's the opposite, really. Vuc is an asset because he saves the other team money.

2 hours ago, jec said:

It's the opposite, really. Vuc is an asset because he saves the other team money.

Right but I don't really see a trade with Toronto for vucevic that saves them money and doesn't screw us