magicdoc1

2018 Official Offseason Thread

13 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I read somewhere we were going to have a poor bench; I’m not so sure?

Grant, Ross, Iwandu, Martin, Bamba  -  (To start season)! - offense may be iffy unless Ross and Grant create.

Most of these guys should be in town, I hope they’re getting a jump on things and working out together. 

Hoping for - Grant, Ross, Issac, Gordon, Bamba - (as season rolls on) strong D with immerging Offense

We most likely will trade Vuch at deadline only to get some value otherwise contract expires and we get nothing.

Fournier long term future is scoring off the bench due to his defense. We may have him one more year or if the right deal comes along we trade. Eventually we will need to upgrade the guards. 

I see Ross starting with Fournier along DJ, Gordon and Vuc.

Our bench consist mainly of Grant,Simmons,Isaac,Martin,and Bamba. It is not the worse and honestly, decent in my opinion. 

Fournier is Ok as a starter. Not a bench player in our team. I agree that we need to ypgrade eventually but is no necessarily a priority this year. We need to upgrade our PG position first. 

I do see us trading Vuc midseason for future assets. If not, we just let him walk.  

You’re right, my oversight Vuch will start until trade deadline; maybe fewer minutes so he doesn’t get injured again before trade deadline and they may start EF if they plan on seeing what his trade value is. It’s a tough call between him and Ross to start as it appears Ross has made strides this summer and he’s in a contract year. Issac may not start until we’re in the season a bit. I guess training camp and team objectives will determine this.

57 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Grant, Ross, Iwandu, Martin, Bamba  -  (To start season)! - offense may be iffy unless Ross and Grant create.

Most of these guys should be in town, I hope they’re getting a jump on things and working out together. 

Hoping for - Grant, Ross, Issac, Gordon, Bamba - (as season rolls on) strong D with immerging Offense

We most likely will trade Vuch at deadline only to get some value otherwise contract expires and we get nothing.

Fournier long term future is scoring off the bench due to his defense. We may have him one more year or if the right deal comes along we trade. Eventually we will need to upgrade the guards. 

Our expected rotation is really solid. We could make a serious leap if we stay healthy. 

The problem isn't the bench. The problem is depth. We move pretty quickly from a good rotation to briscoe-Frazier-iwundu-Birch-mozgov. While it's not any one of these guys that causes an issue, long term injuries resulting in a Grant-Frazier-iwundu-Martin-Bamba second unit causes serious problems. 

So we're good if we can keep the important players healthy. 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Our expected rotation is really solid. We could make a serious leap if we stay healthy. 

The problem isn't the bench. The problem is depth. We move pretty quickly from a good rotation to briscoe-Frazier-iwundu-Birch-mozgov. While it's not any one of these guys that causes an issue, long term injuries resulting in a Grant-Frazier-iwundu-Martin-Bamba second unit causes serious problems. 

So we're good if we can keep the important players healthy. 

I mean our real main problem is lack of top of the line talent. Hopefully one or more players can make the jump this year, but without some real top talent, we aren't really going anywhere.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Odin said:

I mean our real main problem is lack of top of the line talent. Hopefully one or more players can make the jump this year, but without some real top talent, we aren't really going anywhere.

I mean, long term problem sure. But top of the line talent doesn't preclude us from making the playoffs.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:26 AM, Magicfan1987 said:

well put 

I respect youe integrity 

Thanks.  Yeah, integrity way undervalued in today's society.  Looking yourself in the mirror at the end of the day and honestly evaluating whether you treated everyone with respect, honesty, and integrity is a good barometer for life.  Overall, I appreciate this board for it's loaded with  passionate Magic fans that treat each other respectfully.  Strong opinions for sure but that is what makes it lively.  Looking forward to an interesting, hopefully "why not us", season.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Make sure you're wearing a flotation vest if you do. 

I gotta upvote that one.

4 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

Augustin, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Vucevic.

Grant, Ross, Simmons..Isaac/AG, Bamba

Think 1 of AG and JI will be on the court at all times..

Hoping vooch goes 2nd unit for Mo asap...

54 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Augustin, Fournier, Isaac, Gordon, Vucevic.

Grant, Ross, Simmons..Isaac/AG, Bamba

Think 1 of AG and JI will be on the court at all times..

Hoping vooch goes 2nd unit for Mo asap...

Yep, I keep forgetting Simms, but he is recovering from surgery on his hand. We have to get B.I.G on the court at the same time as this is our committed core. I’d keep Vuch as a cheap backup; he deserves a chance to see this through if he accepts the demotion. He could come off the bench for scoring and surprisingly dimes; rated as one of the best passing big man. 

Wait—you’re trying to counter that our bench is gonna be better than expected than you mention Iwundu? He’s Horrible.